Ruesta

Andy's Imola 330Ci

20 hours ago, gaz-777 said:

Great work as always Andy, the rear window coding is a nice addition. When I replaced my near side headlight washer last year I did the same and cleaned everything. Never done a RSR but I'm sure I will come across it one day! 

Thanks mate. Been meaning to do the bit of coding for ages. Just wish I could get my powerfold mirrors to fold away with the key, can't seem to get it working with p.a soft - might have to tackle NCS!

On 30/05/2017 at 21:43, avalaugh said:

What did you use for the coding ? I'm having difficulties getting anything to connect to mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used P.A Soft / bmw scanner mate, cost me less than 20 quid for the programme and cable from ebay. Its a simple tick box exercise once your in.

On 30/05/2017 at 21:43, avalaugh said:

What did you use for the coding ? I'm having difficulties getting anything to connect to mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you get really stuck I can try my set-up on yours if it helps? Don't think your too far away from me?

Just booked my coupe in at the body shop for new front wings fit and paint and while they have the Imola red paint out I figured I may as well get a few other bits done so they're painting the front bumper, bonnet, doors, rear quarters, rear bumper and those bits along the roof where a roof rack can go. Should look amazing once done. If they let me in during the process I will pop up a few pics along the way.

The reason for the work is obviously the usual E46 rusty front wings but other than that it has lacquer peel on most of the plastics, so rear bumper, the roof rack bits, the little trim pieces under the front lights. Then the front bumper has a scruff and holes left over from previous owners fitting number plates along with a fair few stone chips, the bonnet has the usual road rash/stone chips you would expect from a 10+ year old car and on the rear quarters there is a dent in the same place onboth sides (car park I would imagine) and a couple of small but nasty scratches on the driver side wheel arch. Figured if they were doing rear quarters and front wings is was silly not to do the doors!

Can't wait to see it done.

5 hours ago, Hawk said:

Nice one Andy, that'll make a huge difference. When's it going in?

Just 2 weeks to go, 19th June :-) cant wait.

5 hours ago, Hawk said:

23 hours ago, avalaugh said:

On 2016-12-31 at 20:30, calw123 said:

Not long at all. I just checked my thread and it's almost exactly a year from when I got mine done that yours will be going in. A year later it still makes me smile washing minty fresh paint. I'm sure you'll be the same bud, put your Ispiris back on at the same time and you'll be nursing a semi.

Downside is you'll be even more paranoid about where you park.

Edited by Hawk

I purchased my car off a member on here in 2014, he had the same paintwork done on it in 2012. It still looked like new after 2 years, and even now after 5 years of the paint being done it still looks fresh. Ok I have a few stone chips up front now, but I get positive comments about how clean and fresh it looks all the time for a 12 year old car. You will honestly fall in love with it again once it's done mate, and look forward to some pics! Hope they do a good job for you. 

53 minutes ago, BOB_330 said:

I like the smoked taillights, did you buy the units like that or have the indicators parts been wrapped?

I'm sure he said the previous owner fitted them, people always buy them like that as far as I know.

I in no way endorse these ones, but I know you can get them from here

http://www.mstyle.co.uk/bmw-3-series/e46/lighting-bulb-upgrades/rear-lamp-and-bulb-upgrades/led-rear-lamps-for-coupe-smoked.html

1 hour ago, Benji83 said:

I'm sure he said the previous owner fitted them, people always buy them like that as far as I know.

http://www.mstyle.co.uk/bmw-3-series/e46/lighting-bulb-upgrades/rear-lamp-and-bulb-upgrades/led-rear-lamps-for-coupe-smoked.html

Cheers mate, I was thinking of using some of that lamin-x to smoke the indicator sections.

On 12/06/2017 at 22:30, BOB_330 said:

Cheers mate, I was thinking of using some of that lamin-x to smoke the indicator sections.

On 12/06/2017 at 21:19, Benji83 said:

On 03/06/2017 at 14:51, Hawk said:

Bob's right, the previous owner fitted the smoked led rears but I have a nice new set sat in my bmw parts store at home (our lounge) which I purchased for my previous topaz coupe. Got them from eBay but made sure they were the 'eagle eye' brand as apparently these are the better non oem ones to go for. You can get smoked or clear. 

Soon as I get my coupe back from paint I'll be putting the new set on as the ones the previous owner fitted have a broken seal on one where he caught them on a wall so it lets water in occasionally. 

Don't know why my reply has added this below but cant get rid, apologies. 

On 03/06/2017 at 14:51, Hawk said:

On 02/06/2017 at 21:34, avalaugh said:

On 31/12/2016 at 20:30, calw123 said:

On 30/06/2017 at 20:39, 02Anders said:

Best of luck with the paint!
Imola is such a stunning colour too - will look awesome once all freshened up...  B)

Thanks mate. Got her back Saturday, looks stunning I'm so chuffed with it. Here's a pic someone kindly took for me at Santa Pod this weekend just gone.... 

IMG_20170704_134457_164.thumb.jpg.e78dad

I'll pop some more up soon.

Edited by Ruesta

1 hour ago, Benji83 said:

Phwoar! I bet you're dreading screwing the front plate on

Yep :-)

I've been running plateless since Santa Pod at the weekend for exactly that reason. Also prefer the way it looks without the front plate.

Interestingly I followed a traffic cop back to work yesterday who came around a round-a-bout in front of me before I started following. They both looked at me/my car on the round-a-bout so got a good look of my bare bumper and I was sure they were going to stop me but it didn't happen. The plate is attached to my passenger sun visor so it is viable.

I just can't bring my self to sticking onto the shiny new paint. The bodyshop filled in all the holes in the bumper left by previous owners number plates too so it really does look perfect.

Think I will just see how long I can get away with it for. Then if I have to I will stick it on with sticky pads. No way am I sticking screws through the bumper! hahaha

Wow, paintwork looks stunning! Car looks amazing - bet you're loving life right now. Can you let me know (either here or PM) details of who did the respray? I've been toying with the idea of getting my front bumper resprayed because it's stone chipped to hell and back. 

Good luck with the plate - not usually a fan of cars without the plate at the front but yours looks so good without it haha - if / when you do end up putting it on, I'd definitely suggest sticky pads over screwing it in.