Ruesta

Andy's Imola 330Ci

5 minutes ago, avalaugh said:

Get some braided lines too, makes all the difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was considering it, they're not cheap though. Best place/best value to get?

4 minutes ago, avalaugh said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282288456964

Been using him for years on all manor of bikes and cars

Wicked, thanks mate I'll grab some in red :-) match my eibach springs!

On 19/12/2016 at 21:12, calw123 said:

Loving the progress the cars looking great are your new calipers bmw units or pattern parts? If you dont mind me asking what did you pay for all 4 ?

They are remanufactured oem callipers. So all new pistons, seals, valves etc.... They look brand new to be honest. I think I paid about £220, maybe £240 for all 4, something like that amyway... but if I send back my old ones they give me £20 per calliper,  so I get £80 back :-) 

I also bought new pad spring thingies, slide bolts, new front pads and new Meyle rear pads and disks to match my fronts which were changed less than 12 months ago. Oh and a set of braded brake lines :-) 

Will flush out and replace brake fluid too.

Should brake like a new E46 once it's all done.

BTW, the Meyle platinum brake pad and disk sets are great. They're coated in something to stop corrosion so even after about 12 months and about 52 car washes :-) my front set still look brand new, even the centre section of the disks the wheel bolts thru haven't rusted one bit.

Nice job on sorting the fuel leak. Its not a nice job to do with no ramp.

Not sure on the CSL splitters you fitted on though, I know they are common but the clubsport ones do suit the car better. Car looks good though mate have you got your steering wheel done by Jack yet?

On 22/12/2016 at 19:49, calw123 said:

Thanks for the reply where did you purchase the calipers from ??

I will look out the sellers details and post them up.

On 23/12/2016 at 16:41, DJ Syxx said:

Nice job on sorting the fuel leak. Its not a nice job to do with no ramp.

Not sure on the CSL splitters you fitted on though, I know they are common but the clubsport ones do suit the car better. Car looks good though mate have you got your steering wheel done by Jack yet?

Thanks. Your right, wasn't a nice job without using a ramp/lift, got covered in fuel! Glad I got it done tho, fuel consumption has improved loads since then.

I personally prefer the csl style splitters.... Its something I gave a lot of thought, csl or clubsport, but in the end decided I preferred the csl style so went for those, one of my favorite mods bar my wheels. Everyone likes different things tho hey.

I have caught them a fair few times now, hate the noise it makes :'( but they're holding up well and any scratches are all underneath. 

Jack was just too busy to get my wheel done before Christmas so it'll be with me early this month, about the 10th I think he said. All paid up so just waiting for it now, can't wait. Will pop up some pics when I've got it.

Happy New Year!

On 18/12/2016 at 11:57, avalaugh said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282288456964

Been using him for years on all manor of bikes and cars

I got a set of brake lines in red from the seller you recommended btw and I'm chuffed I did, they're real well made and look great. Looking forward to getting it all fitted now, brakes should be spot on!

16 hours ago, calw123 said:

Thanks alot mate i look forward to hearing from you

The seller is on eBay, they're called Brakes international but the eBay name / i.d is shortened to brakesint if you do a seller search for 'brakesint' you'll find them. 

I purchased all new slide bolts, calliper springs, and the remanufactured callipers from them. Great service.

Haven't updated this for a while but my coupe's been gold as good over the winter. All that summer maintenance must have paid off.  Only thing I've done recently is fitted some Audi exhaust tips and kept her clean.

DSC_1125-medium.jpg

Edited by Ruesta

Just realised I haven't put any pics up of my re-trimmed steering wheel Jack did over Christmas. Its one of my favourite mods now, love the way it feels, being a little thicker and new leather, its like driving a new car. BMW kindly replaced my drivers air bag too so it really does look brand new. I had it down in smooth leather and red stitching to match the red stitching I have on my gaiters..

This one is before new air bag:

DSC_0700-medium.jpg.63a38648069419dd98d9

See if I can find one after new air bag....

Matching gaiters.. Although I do have a new set to fit which I had done in smooth leather to match the steering wheel a little better. The one's in there now match the seats though so not too bothered.

DSC_0702-medium.jpg.d907c973b6a965f4e9e4

Pretty chuffed with how she's looking at the moment. Be time to get my 19" ISR10 Ispiri's back on for summer soon, can't wait. Although I'm seriously considering getting her painted in June just in time for the BMW show at Santa Pod. I have lacquer peel on the rear bumper, roof where a roof rack can be fitted and a few other little places where there is plastic (below headlights for example) so she would benefit from new paint. Also have the usual E46 rusty wing issue at the moment, on the driver side one rust is almost popping though the paint so I've purchased two new wings. Figured if I'm getting these fitted and painted I may as well try to get all the other little bits done so if I can stretch to it I will get a full respray. What this space!

Just caught up on this thread - as many  have said, I love the colour! Easily one of my favourites on the E46. Really like what you've done as well. 

Mind sharing some info on the steering wheel retrim (who / where / price etc)? I need to get mine done at some point!

Thought about metal pressed plates as a future modification?  

20 hours ago, Aspire_Dan said:

Just caught up on this thread - as many  have said, I love the colour! Easily one of my favourites on the E46. Really like what you've done as well. 

Mind sharing some info on the steering wheel retrim (who / where / price etc)? I need to get mine done at some point!

Thought about metal pressed plates as a future modification?  

Thanks mate, appreciate that.

The steering wheel was re-trimmed by Jack at Royal wheels, you will find him if you google Royal Steering wheels. He's a top guy and does a superb job. The recommendation came from someone on here as it goes.

I have considered pressed plated but I like my short one on the front. After it gets painted (hopefully) I will think again. The front plate covers up a few holes where previous owners have screwed plates into the bumper, I will get these fixed when painted then I can run plateless.

Not done a great deal but just to keep things updated.....

Pulled my front bumper off again so I could fit the nice new headlight washer and while I was at it I cleaned out all the washer pipes, washer fluid bottle and little pump filters. It now sprays the window way better than it did previously and I have reconnected the electrical connection so my headlight washers are working again.

Didn't take many pictures but here's one with the bumper off...

IMG_20170514_163036_653-medium.jpg.9ecb4

The replacement headlight washer:

IMG_20170320_110218_787-medium.jpg.9ce55

Next job was the final stage resistor replacement. Was expecting this to be a right PITA based on what everyone says on line but other than it being a bit awkward to get to especially being 6ft, and the screws being a little fiddly to remove/refit it was relatively straight forward. Didn't take any pictures while doing the job but here is the old and new part:

IMG_20170506_165934_166-medium.jpg.a385b

They look pretty different but fitted ok and has completely solved my pulsing blowers. Well chuffed :-)

Also managed to do a little coding this weekend just gone. Alarm now chirps on lock/unlock and I have enabled one-touch close on my rear pop-out windows. This means I can open and close all the windows with the key, not just the fronts. Also modified the switches so the one-touch close works on the rear windows from the switch too. Little things but chuffed I got them done.

Here's a pic I took while it was real sunny the other day.

DSC_0224-medium.jpg.b7fbaedcc1a67ff06025

Edited by Ruesta

Great work as always Andy, the rear window coding is a nice addition. When I replaced my near side headlight washer last year I did the same and cleaned everything. Never done a RSR but I'm sure I will come across it one day!