f1brett

mileage Coding Needed

Sorry if in the wrong place or not allowed

I've found out that the mileage has been changed on my e46 so My question is Can it be changed by someone plugging it in if so Who can do it I'm in Manchester and the Car is a e46 320d 04/54 Reg.

I've checked google for place's but I thought I'd ask on here first.

And before all the questions like why didn't you check it first ect.

I Hpi the car and it passed but i didn't do the mileage side as it has full service and mot and the mot checker site wasn't working when I bought the car.

Thanks

Brett

I've spoke to the police and dvla and trading standards about it and as they have all the info they need and the car has been checked over and nothing else has been changed as they have spoke to bmw and got the build details and checked everything, So I'm safe with it and If i'm happy with the car then I'm free to fix the mileage. 

I'm Taking the guy to court over the car

Yeah its poss but service book been changed and I've called all the garage's and they have confirmed that they have had the car in on the date's but with different miles.

mot what i have 117373 18/2/15 - 114320 29/01/14 - 111252 31/1/13 -  96938 23/01/12 

dvla web site 193783 18/02/15 - 188460 29.01.14 - 177209 31.01.13 - 163994 23.01.12

16 minutes ago, feva said:

Mate if you happy with it then that's good but I'd personally be mega pissed. Glad to hear you taking it further.Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

Oh I am Pissed it's taking a lot not to drive to the guys flat and imprint the BMW badge in his head and get my money back but My wife and a few friends have said to go the right way for once.  

15 minutes ago, Chimp Choker said:

If you can get access to inpa you can confirm against the ecu, however this would have been overwritten if milage has been changed

Sent from my LG-H815

I have B-Cable Diag with Inpa on it but I don't have a clue on how to use that side of it lol.