Sonar Daddy

EU VOTE...e46 zone poll..you in or out

EU VOTE....dave`s done his bit pretty much so..you in or out  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

51 minutes ago, dontpannic said:

- the general public should never have been given this vote - 

I agree!

None of us should have a vote on ANYTHING!

I think a Leader should just be chosen for us, because after all what do we know! (Although quite a valid point regarding some people).

Yes, I think a system like they have in North Korea. Or China! No arguments, no stupid voting by the ignorant masses. This is your Leader and you just do as we say - OR ELSE!

You certainly have the right idea "dontpannic" - or should that be "trustmeIknowwhatImtalkingabout"! :)

Edited by MangoMan

i think "dont panic" has a point to an extent...i was supremely un-qualified to vote having not done any homework on how the EU works,How global trade is conducted in relation to GATT/WTO ect...i voted leave in the end because osbourne was winding me up so much...i made a huge mistake,if there is ever another vote,id vote the other way...what makes me laugh looking back is leave(BJ.Gove,Fox,Davis,Hannan ect) told me not to believe remain when remain said leaving would mean leaving the CU & SM and all the vestages of the EU inc all the standards bodies ...leave said it was all project fear and "no one is talking about leaving the CU & SM"...&..."only a madman would leave the single market"....jeez,even davis said "the first calling point of the uk`s negotiator immediatley after brexit will not be brussels,it will be berlin to strike a deal"

If there is no deal and we leave clutching out WTO schedules,waving them around geneva...we are going to get fried...already the 24 countries(inc USA and china) we trade with under EU-WTO schedules have said they all want to "renegociate" the deals,not cut n paste them from what the EU has...and as for alaxander`s telegraph rant about his "vision"...its all guff,he said lets have 0 rate tariffs on everything in and out...so lets undercut our agri & manufacturing sectors...thats exactly what the leading brexit economist patrik minford said would happen,which for him is not an issue and he wants the UK post brexit economy to be 100% services based....and a nations food security?...this is going to carnage and my vote helped it over line....f-ing idiot i feel now

On 24/09/2018 at 10:30, MangoMan said:

I agree!

None of us should have a vote on ANYTHING!

I think a Leader should just be chosen for us, because after all what do we know! (Although quite a valid point regarding some people).

Yes, I think a system like they have in North Korea. Or China! No arguments, no stupid voting by the ignorant masses. This is your Leader and you just do as we say - OR ELSE!

You certainly have the right idea "dontpannic" - or should that be "trustmeIknowwhatImtalkingabout"! :)

Uh... ok then. You wildly missed my point there, bud.

Most of your post is describing exactly what we live in - a democracy. We elect leaders, MP's and council members to make decisions for us on the day to day running of the country. Nowhere did I say we shouldn't be doing this. It's their job to make the decisions which we don't have the experience or time to make ourselves.

Would you rather we didn't have prime ministers, MP's, or local councils and we just had referendums for every single decision involved in running the country? Would you like a referendum to decide what day the bin collections should be?

It would be ridiculous, wouldn't it?

Here's my point again, for two reasons and their explanations.

We should never have been given the opportunity to vote on this issue.

- It is literally their JOB to decide this sort of thing for us. It's exactly why we voted them in.

- The general public were not well informed, there was no balance in arguments, the public were heavily influenced by the right wing media who would directly benefit from a vote to leave, and quite a large proportion of the general public had no idea what the EU was, what it stands for, what benefits we get from being a member. We were not the right people to make this decision.

David Cameron used a Yes/No referendum as a bargaining chip in order to regain control of parliament by getting a majority government back in power. He never expected the general public to vote to leave - except the toilet paper tabloids had years and years of scaremongering and lies to get false information out there. Is it any wonder that literally everyone in the top organisations, top levels of government, top levels of the opposition parties, governors of the bank of England, chief executives of the big banks, insurance companies etc ALL wanted to remain as we were.

The whole thing is a colossal f**kup. The economy is already f**ked, the pound is properly f**ked, and the future looks bleak as f**k as well. Before this referendum I was getting 1euro50 to the pound when going on holiday - you're lucky to get anything over 1euro10 now. But it's OK, because soon enough your driving license won't be automatically valid in Europe and you'll be spending your hard earned cash using your mobile in Europe again.

Sorry, I'm in a bit of a mood today.

But you're right..

This whole thing has been a complete and utter f*ck up! And from the looks of it will still be a f*ck up next year when there's no deal.

As the world comes out of the global recession and economies start to grow again we say "get those foreigners out and f*ck the economy". Yup! A very intelligent decision all around..

Maybe we'll miss the next economic "boom" and recover after the next recession? A fun 30+ years ahead!