gchristofi

Budget Track Day Car

Sounds like I missed a great evening sadly.  What's the damage for a set of DS2500?  I've been thinking about trying an alternative to the Yellow Stuffs for comparison sake.  I do seem to spend my whole life changing brake pads. (minor exaggeration) 

Now you mention it, I looked back through the FB posts and your car is not there.  Dave did post one of his chatty walks down the pit lane though and that's where I saw your motor.

I bought the DS2500 on Ebay for £116. I only did the front as the rear doesn't get as hot and I'm on a budget! I can't compare them to yellow EBC as they are my first track pads. I'm very happy with the improvement in breaking performance over road pads (normal Pagid). 

That is my car cooling down in between sessions! Looking forward to pictures.

Reddish was just the first to come to mind mate, Im not sure which kit is on my touring but im not sure it matters too much, more the workmanship of fitting :)

Go for a sensibly priced kit!, remember to drill the cracks first and all the nice underseal to protect your hard work mate.

7 hours ago, RMJ said:

Reddish was just the first to come to mind mate, Im not sure which kit is on my touring but im not sure it matters too much, more the workmanship of fitting :)

Go for a sensibly priced kit!, remember to drill the cracks first and all the nice underseal to protect your hard work mate.

Cool, my girlfriend's dad trade is welding so hoping to call in a favour as I've never welded. Don't suppose you can point me in the direction of any good DIYs?

15 hours ago, thegentleway said:

Cool, my girlfriend's dad trade is welding so hoping to call in a favour as I've never welded. Don't suppose you can point me in the direction of any good DIYs?

Thats great news then! will save you a few bob on labour!

http://www.redish-motorsport.com/E46M3FloorSubframeCrackRepairReinforcement.html

http://www.psdesignsglobal.com/products-services/chassis-repair-reinforcement/

Some links with great details on prep and products :)

On 8/1/2017 at 08:55, thegentleway said:

Can't find any pictures but I have found this:

5torDwK.jpg

Bootfloor is cracked on the nearside. Can hear it creaking when I come on and off the power :-(

Haven't been very active here of late, just seen this... not good news.  Did you get the plate kit in and sorted in the end?

I've put track days on hold for a while distracted by summer... and an ABS fault.  Considering my options for a cage as well at the moment and probably just going to stick with the rear cage from Safety Devices.   AT approx £330 quid looks reasonable value.. not sure on fitting costs at this stage though.

Edited by gchristofi

Wow, so long since I've visited the track and no updates here but around 18 months ago I source the rear Safety Devices cage, a seat and some harnesses, hope to get some of this season on circuit and have started shopping for a s54 engine / gearbox upgrade so if anyone has sage advice re s54 build then fire away.

Hi all, this might be my first post on here, about my E46 325ti track car build. I have posted a thread on Pistonheads here https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=&t=1832329 and it took me so long to work out how to upload the images, it's easier to post the link. Sorry if that's a bit of a pain.