Ashley1995

Top Gear Line-up Finally Revealed!

http://www.topgear.com/car-news/top-gear-tv/meet-your-new-top-gear-presenters

Chris Evans, Matt LeBlanc, Sabine Schmitz, Chris Harris, Eddie Jordan and Rory Reid

Actually looks a rather good line up, returns to BBC 2 in May!

Chris Evans is a douche.

I like Chris Harris, but I'm not sure he'd fill the role of old topgear well. The rest leave me a bit cold tbh (apart from Rory, who I've never heard of). Happy to be proved wrong, but I'm not expecting great things. (And there's reports Chris E can't talk and drive properly, and is having problems with the driving bits...)

Pretty stupid idea going with so many presenters I think.. Eddie Jordan?! Seriously?

Dislike Chris Evans too.. He should be binned entirely! Even if he's (5th gear style) just the studio presenter who hands off to the others to do reviews. He needs to go!

I don't mind Evans on the radio, he is better than most of the other crap on at that time in the morning. Not sure about Eddie Jordan, he can be a little annoying so not sure what he will add. You can see how the others will fit in though. Harris to do the serious supercar reviews, Schmidt for her driving prowess, Rory to review the everyday drivers cars (focus/astra etc), stig to set times, and the rest for dicking about on motorbikes or building amphibious cars.

I've got no problem with the lineup and not understanding the response to the news either. Judging by the responses, there's a fair amount of "It's not Clarkson, I'm not watching" - at which point I question why people watched Top Gear in the first place. People who liked the japery and camaraderie from Clarkson, Hammond and May have the Amazon show, people who liked the cars have Top Gear, and those of us who liked both aspects have two shows to choose from, rather than just one - I completely fail to see how this is a bad thing?

People also don't seem to realise that this will be an entirely new type of Top Gear. Saying the line up isn't great because they won't fit the show is a point completely dead before it's even been made. 2002 to 2015 Top Gear is dead. You've seen the last of that style of output, that format is gone. Amazon's show is a totally new show. BBC Top Gear is a totally new show.

As for the presenters - I don't get the beef with Chris Evans. He's a good presenter, a true petrolhead, energetic and has personality. He'll do fine.

I've not come across Rory Reid before, but took some time today to check out his stuff. He looks like a decent, confident, articulate "Saurf Laandan" presenter. Chris Harris is a very good choice, as is Sabine. Matt LeBlanc a bit of a wildcard but can just about see it working. Eddie Jordan? We'll gloss over that for the time being.

I wish they would have ditched the Stig concept. Keeping him in is going to make people assume that it's the same show with different presenters. Let him go, or let Clarkson take him to Amazon.

Reports of failures with Chris Evans and meddling producers have only one source - the BBC hating Daily Fail. That's the reason you should take those reports with a huge mountain of salt.

Edited by dontpannic

3 hours ago, momo said:

Pretty stupid idea going with so many presenters I think.. Eddie Jordan?! Seriously?

Dislike Chris Evans too.. He should be binned entirely! Even if he's (5th gear style) just the studio presenter who hands off to the others to do reviews. He needs to go!

Have to say I'm with momo on this, Eddie Jordan's a complete T#@t, one of the reason's I was chuffed to have the Sky F1 channel and didn't have to watch the BBC broadcast with him as a presenter.

Matt LeBlanc is an actor not a presenter, so when he gives his views on what ever car he's in how does one know if he's just acting or being honest?  Seems an odd choice to me.

I'm no Chris Evans fan either so I suspect I'll watch the first episode and that will be it....

Where's my Amazon fire stick!

I agree with dontpannic here. People I think are judgement the book by its cover.

I'm waiting for it to start before I go saying 'that's it I'm not watching it'. I think the whole story with Chris not being able to drive etc is a load of rubbish...

I suspect the reason they've gone for Matt is because he will appeal to US and other audiences that wouldn't normally watch the show. Could be a good tactic by the BBC to keep hold of viewers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see it going down the route of old Fifth gear..

With maybe Evans & LeBlanc (maybe Jordan too) in the studio chatting away then handing off to Harris, Schmidt, Reid (he is the "open auditions"/civvy presenter) for the actual car reviews. Maybe LeBlanc and Evans will do a few reviews themselves too.

But I never liked that format from 5th gear! Tom Ford was ok but Tim Shaw was/is a COMPLETE prat!! He's almost as bad as Quentin Wilson in the "makes your skin crawl" stakes.

You can't take it away from Chris Evans, he is a professional presenter and he is into cars (expensive ones I admit). If Chris is just in the studio he might just pull it off. I really like Chris Harris and think he'd do well as an informative feature presenter. The rest I couldn't care about tbh. Joey from friends must be desperate. And I've always thought Eddy Jordan was a bit of a t**t since I saw him on tv playing guitar to his pit crew and you knew everyone there was just smiling cos he's rich and the boss.

Topgear needs to take a few steps backwards, be more factual and show ordinary cars. They can't really do any more topgear challenges as that is Jeremy, James and Richard in my eyes.

Going to go out on a limb and say I'm a fan of Chris Evans. Loved TGI Friday and was made up when it came back.

I liked the old format of top gear when they had lots of presenters, (Clarkson, Quentin Wilson, Noel Edmunds et al). Who knows what format they'll use this time? It may not have a studio or a dedicated track any more? I'll reserve judgement until it comes out bit with a big budget I can't see it being boring. 

The more car shows the better IMO. Clarkson Hammond and May on Amazon, new top gear on BBC and 5th gear, on channel 5. Looking forward to it.