steve320cd

Egr help

Guys, my engine warning light came on with no loss of power on Friday, I've taken of the egr and given it a damn good clean as

It was caked in crud, I refitted it this morning, cleared the codes and went for a drive, it was fine this morning, now just popped out for fuel and on the way back it came on again, this is what my diagnosis tool showed

8c7e73da755d8fedf284297a3afae06c.jpg

Also again no loss of power, any ideas??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, steve320cd said:

Guys, my engine warning light came on with no loss of power on Friday, I've taken of the egr and given it a damn good clean as

It was caked in crud, I refitted it this morning, cleared the codes and went for a drive, it was fine this morning, now just popped out for fuel and on the way back it came on again, this is what my diagnosis tool showed

8c7e73da755d8fedf284297a3afae06c.jpg

Also again no loss of power, any ideas??

you checked to see if your vac pipe to egr is ok,ie split,not connected etc,

I've just noticed I have a issue now with the brakes, seems like the pedal hardly moves after sitting idle for a while and they hardly come on, have to rev the engine (build up a bit of a vacuum) then they work fine, are the egr and brakes connected in some way? I know that the brakes have a vacuum as well but wonder if they run off the same valve/pipe that may be leaking?

Thoughts

Steve

If I was you I would remove the inlet manifold and then all the vacuum pipes will be easy to access. You can then check every vacuum pipe for leaks.

If you haven't already blanked the swirl flaps it's a good idea to do this the same time aswel as clean out the inlet and EGR valve. 

If you find a swirl flap blank guide it will have instructions about removing the inlet manifold. It's not a difficult job to do ?

Edited by Craig_09