Lovin_it

Viewing started.

Hi, been a member for a bit now and learning as much as possible before I buy, but viewing a few cars today and yesterday. Thought I was going for a 330 but looking at a 325 today because it looks and sounds nice when talking over the phone.

It has 80k on it so need to budget for water pump and exspantion tank I believe. Anything else?

I wonder if anyone could post up a couple of pictures of a knackered sub frame so I can see what I am really looking for? 

Thanks in advance :)

Budget for a thermostat & disa valve repair also mate.

When you buy it you might aswell just do the whole lot in 1 go like I did, saves having to worry about anything then.

When I brought mine I done, thermostat, water pump, expansion tank was all good so left that. Just waiting on my disa valve repair kit to arrive then I'll do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry about the sub frame too much. Its very rare on non M's built after 2001...Look for hairline cracks around where the subframe itself is bolted to the car

Not a fan of that CS, wrong gearbox, wrong wheels, black lights and grilles look cack, spec looks pretty basic and its too much money especially with the shagged drivers seat!

Budget around £200 for cooling system maintenance. Have a look at the rad and if its not started to bow I wouldn't bother replacing.

Edited by bennno2005

Thanks again. Heard about the rad before and will take a look.

i am hoping to go and look at a 330cd tomorrow. Never really thought about a diesel but this one looks to good to not go and look and it's only round the corner from me, ish.

Had a drive of a 330 auto today and I am devo after a manual gearbox.

4 and a half hour trip to look at to total s**te 330's. Why can't people be honest!!!

One had been hit on the back and front with both bumpers need repair and respray, and the left wing was a different colour! So god only knows what else this had been through?

The other I don't think I dare touch the rear arch one side for fear of the rust bubbles!

I had spoke to both sellers and not one of them was truthful, so angry right now!!!

Yeah that it always the way, I went to view a ford focus years ago, right spec, right price, right colour, clean car, FSH... when i got there it turns out that his wife had crash it into to a post the week before damaging the bumper, smashing the indicator, removing paint... but don't worry he said "all the part to fix it are in the passenger footwell" then to top it off he showed me a folded business card from a back street garage saying it had been serviced, but the ford service history book had been lost....

Keep going mate your find one :thumbsup:

Hmmmm, there's plenty of good ones about mate. But also plenty of s**tters. Try not to focus on the mileage as a major factor. And may be worth looking at a few 325,s as well, I found when looking most 330's had been abused & had a hard life. Where's as 325's were all pretty tidy & owned by old men. Just make sure it's the M54 lump if looking at 325's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well all picked up and it's all mine now.

Needs a dam good clean, that will take me hours for sure as its really quite bad. Lots of little jobs to do that I am sure will cost more than I think but it's going to be a slow project but fun.

Stuff like the ashtray does not stay closed, a piece of the centre console is missing, and lots of other stuff so maybe I will get a project thread started up over the next week so I can keep track of what's been done.