D2FKY

19 inch 313 alloy on a e46 325ci wheel and tyre help!

Hi

First post on here and need some advice please...

I have a 325ci m sport vert on an 04 (owned for 1 year now) and have fallen in love with some 19 inch 8j and 9j 313 alloys, bought them and not knowing if they would fit (yeah pretty stupid I know)  the rear 9j tyre sizes are 285/30/19 and the front 8j sizes are 245/35/19. Fronts are fine but the rears are touching the arches and have been advised to get coil the spacers and arches rolled. I don't know if the rear suspension has been lowered or if changing the tyres are going to fix it. Could sell 313's (reluctantly) and go back to the original mv2 18's..

any help would be great 

Many thanks

Dan

Edited by D2FKY

285?  Crikey only an X5 runs those rears. It's only a 9J rim so a 245/35 will be absolutely fine.  Rolling the arches won't help with a tyre that fat. Fronts are a bit wide too if they'really only 8J. A 225/35 is better. The wheels fit no problem at all. It's all about the tyres. 

Edited by Daz 330 Cs

1 hour ago, Daz 330 Cs said:

285?  Crikey only an X5 runs those rears. It's only a 9J rim so a 245/35 will be absolutely fine.  Rolling the arches won't help with a tyre that fat. Fronts are a bit wide too if they'really only 8J. A 225/35 is better. The wheels fit no problem at all. It's all about the tyres. 

Thanks Daz that's great help. I did think that would be the case.  If the car has been lowered by the previous owner then what would the best option be? I wouldn't be surprised if it is, they messed with a exhaust which I've changed back to original. How can I check if it has?

thanks again

Just got the car up and the springs have 2 X pink dots not sure what that means? Original springs or lowered? Daz, question about the tyres. If I go from 285/30/19 to 245/35/19 that won't reduce the height which is where the rubbing is mainly. The mv2 tyres I have that fit nice are 255/35/18 and there seems to be plenty of space. Reducing the width won't sort the height out unless I have lowered springs in which case all the above means not a lot. 

Let me know 

thanks

Thanks Gazz the wheels look great, see it's clear of the wheel arch, did you need to get them rolled? Is the car on standard springs or lowered? Also any heads up on good all weather tyres for the e46?

thanks again Dazz and Gazz for the pics 

My car is lowered on coilovers, and the arches have had a slight roll but there is plenty of room even with a 5mm spacer fitted. As for tyres its down to your own preference. I have falkens up front and nankang on the rear, couldn't tell you what is best for the E46 though. Maybe check the tyre thread on the forum. I've always fitted Pirelli on previous cars and currently run them on my daily Corsa. They are brill in the dry and the wet, and seem to wear very well. 

8 hours ago, Daz 330 Cs said:

Fronts 235/35/19 on an 8.5J. Rears 245/35/19 on a 9.5J 

Lowered on Eibach Sportlines. Arches not rolled. No rubbing issues. 

20130416_190225_zps4ee1bda5.jpg

Thanks Daz, so could I go for 235/35/19 on front 8J and backs as you suggested 245/35/19 on the 9J??

I think im going to order Eagle F1's all round