318max

My 330ci :)

This is my 330ci. Very happy with it but unfortunately had my licence revoked a few weeks after buying it after some unexpected event (medical) but should get it back soon hopefully. There is my old audi. Used to have a 318 and 330 and missed it. Happy to be back to Bmw despite having to ride passenger seat since October :(

Have only updated to a LED kit which I'm very happy with and black kidney grilles, and just tried to sort out any niggles and try to keep it nice and clean :) 

BE10954F-0734-42BE-9D8B-CD213D53F9C1_zps

B59EC419-ABD8-412D-A2C4-FEB1992DF0AD_zps

AFF9F4C7-7107-4D67-A95C-363A8096DB1F_zps

BAEDD8DD-1D0A-415C-9543-6A92586E3DAC_zps

It was just a 2.0tdi lovely car nice power just so easy to drive, so easy it got boring. I did have the 1.8t but that got wrote off Boxing Day some stupid woman. I don't have much luck you might be able to tell haha but hopefully it will soon change. 

On 8 March 2016 at 16:52, whatcangowrong said:

I know what you mean, i had focus tdci before the 330, it had a bigger turbo, blanked egr valve great on fuel, drove well but apart from chaving it up or big engine mods it got bored of it too

Hha yep have you got a thread up for your bm :) ? 

On 3/10/2016 at 10:51, whatcangowrong said:

it's been a while and i havent updated the thread, i have been doing a few things over the past few months.

mostly serving or sorting exsisting problems with the car..

i had a binding caliper so had to get a new one from ECP.

I also bought some new floor mats off Ebay for £19.99 was very happy with the quality.

41508BF7-DE31-49F7-83FE-4D88B58A3A5E_zps

6F2ACB5B-A825-45F4-8267-5B809768453C_zps

The parcel shelf was also removed and re-sprayed black to black.

E1614AAB-538D-40CE-AD82-471ADFE5E94C_zps

920BB1A4-A9D6-4BD6-AD72-CDD5A23C13D0_zps

Also i swapped over the old gear knob for a geniune M sport one, which is shorter, and also got some Alcantara boots, they come out a funny colour on camera, but they are dark grey..

FAD29D9D-328F-4C52-9B35-0374734D15A7_zps

37BAE6C9-5E69-4D0D-8D73-E45AF517622D_zps

The thermostat was stuck open, and so  me and my mate, gave it a big service with A new Thermostat, Waterpump , New antifreeze, and new seperpentine belts.

CC66DA2A-74EE-4A01-B461-33FE5C23C1A5_zps

Fuchs Oil and Bosch filter will be getting changed on friday if i get time to

I also bought some black dye for the seats, as they were looking terrible.... they were in despereate need of refurb, now after dyeing them myself, they arnt amazing, but they have improved enough that i don't think ill need to get a company to refurb then as i imagine its fairly costly.

Before:

AAF076C3-41EE-4484-9608-76D66B9FEDB2_zps

After: 

6A2E7E78-A46A-4701-BF7F-F4EFC3522724_zps

Also yesterday i installed this Erisin Unit, Very pleased with it, however am doing my best to work out how to use it lol.

5C45B333-3FB4-4D82-B4F2-AC90D536DA01_zps

Edited by 318max

I've managed to get the ipod connected, but for some reason it doesnt show the song name on the erisin, despite being named on the ipod ? Doesnt make sense to me. and also it doesnt seem to reconise any postcodes i type in, on the Navigation.  Any ideas? Thanks 

2 minutes ago, Mk2majik said:

Looking good mate,what dye did you use?results look pretty good👍

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260898316042?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

This is what i used, like i say they don't look brand new or anything but a big improvement. 

29 minutes ago, gaz-777 said:

Some good work on the interior. What paint did you use for the rear shelf? I need to spray mine as its letting the interior down now. 

When I did mine I used halfords satin black and it came up well.

14 minutes ago, tungmeister said:

When I did mine I used halfords satin black and it came up well.

Cool, will give this a go after my holiday. I want to fix some sound deadening to the underneath of the shelf and clean the rear window properly while its out too.  

1 hour ago, gaz-777 said:

Cool, will give this a go after my holiday. I want to fix some sound deadening to the underneath of the shelf and clean the rear window properly while its out too.  

When I took mine out to fit the shelf with the electric blind the previous owner had already had a go at their own anti-rattle implementation...

IMG_20160411_125055%201_zps1oozpfbj.jpg

12 hours ago, 318max said:

I've managed to get the ipod connected, but for some reason it doesnt show the song name on the erisin, despite being named on the ipod ? Doesnt make sense to me. and also it doesnt seem to reconise any postcodes i type in, on the Navigation.  Any ideas? Thanks 

Based on your photo it's an android based unit. There's loads of information and advise on them located here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/android-auto You should be able to get any help you need.

20 hours ago, gaz-777 said:

I used autoglym black dye it was crap so had to use a rattle can from pound shop lol. The fabric has gone Abit hard but i don't mind. Much better improvement well worth it 

New little update :  since me and my mate did abit of work on my car, it struggles to start ( mostly when the engine is warm)  the battery seems fine and Halfords checked the CCA and health of the battery and he said its fine. its a bosch and its always been fine until we did some work on my car... 

I have to put my foot down otherwise i doubt it will start once very warm. 

the car was very low on torque, So we replaced both Cam sensors on the inlet and exhaust side, and also cleaned the vanos solonoid out with brake cleaner, as it was really gunky and horrible. and also the MAF sensor was sprayed with electrical sensor cleaner..

Like i say cant work it out, and when i start it when its cold, it starts fine but not as perfect as it used to start, but still starts almost instantly... I'm really puzzled. Since the work was done apart from the starting issue, the Torque is much better and it runs as it should..

There are no error codes stored. 

Any help would be very much appreciated... Thankyou 

Edited by 318max

Hello Mate

You have been busy on the coupe! I take it your 'driving' now ?

I on the other hand have not been so busy, I've got most of the bits to do it just haven't had the time lately, but it did pass its MOT clean sheet, which is good and now i have a broken door mirror thanks to bmw washing it on a airbag recall... !! :angry:

I do like the leather dye, must do that myself at some point after i've cleaned them, steering wheel looks spot on :thumbsup:

10 hours ago, whatcangowrong said:

Hello Mate

You have been busy on the coupe! I take it your 'driving' now ?

I on the other hand have not been so busy, I've got most of the bits to do it just haven't had the time lately, but it did pass its MOT clean sheet, which is good and now i have a broken door mirror thanks to bmw washing it on a airbag recall... !! :angry:

I do like the leather dye, must do that myself at some point after i've cleaned them, steering wheel looks spot on :thumbsup:

Haha Thankyou yes all sorted now licence wise thank god, glad your car went thru MOT 👍been saving my pennies while waiting for it to be sorted out so went on Abit of a spending spree once I recieved the good news lol. 

A fairly productive day today. 

6E81169B-D12B-4994-A753-0D484F3F9944_zps

Also so fitted the wheel and sprayed the lower wheel trim. Didn't do top as struggled with removing the buttons so left it 2 tone for now anyway . 

B5715A27-2DB7-49D5-A1AF-A8BF92CE10CC_zps

It feels like a new car driving it so sporty. Love it so impressed with the difference.

Edited by 318max

Looks like you had a nice spend up, I've got to change the front lower wishbones at some point (it was metioned in passing on the mot that there was a bit of play but nothing worth worrying about yet) 

I'm going to take mine camping next week, should be interesting getting everything in lol 

Haha yep enjoy camping lol, I had the resonator removed yesterday, and the differnce is very minimal but it's abit more deeper and slightly more noisy so i'm happy with that. he said that my rear drivers shock is leaking very badly, which explains why the rear hasnt felt overly stable more recently...

it's been leaking on the driveway but i thought it was where i had a small coolant leak from a clip not being 100% tight.. 

i'm not sure which route to go down, if im honest im pretty happy with the ride height , its fairly decent and works well day to day... i wouldnt mind going abit lower but it will cost more money doing all 4 corners, and probably cause problems with local multi-story carparks etc..

so he just suggested replacing both the rear shocks.

Any suggestions where or which shocks to use ? Many thanks :)

would these be any good? 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sachs-Boge-Rear-Axle-Gas-Pressure-Shock-Absorber-Shocker-556882-/231903626235?hash=item35fe8883fb:g:HzgAAOSwjwlXA-9x

Edited by 318max

Yeah I used it once for a camping trip a fw weeks back and it was a squeeze but I still had the sub in the boot so if I remove it this time hopefully I'll fit everything in !

I've heard different things about the resonator mod so it's nice to your feedback, could you do a little vid ?

Well as you know from my blog that mone was lowered when I got it and as nice and cool as it looked it wasn't (for me anyhow) use able for every day driving especially speed humps and the crappy roads round here, so putting it back to standard made it much nicer to drive

If there genuine saches get them, have you looked on euro car parts ? 

2 hours ago, whatcangowrong said:

Yeah I used it once for a camping trip a fw weeks back and it was a squeeze but I still had the sub in the boot so if I remove it this time hopefully I'll fit everything in !

I've heard different things about the resonator mod so it's nice to your feedback, could you do a little vid ?

Well as you know from my blog that mone was lowered when I got it and as nice and cool as it looked it wasn't (for me anyhow) use able for every day driving especially speed humps and the crappy roads round here, so putting it back to standard made it much nicer to drive

If there genuine saches get them, have you looked on euro car parts ? 

I dot know if they are genuine I'd hope so... ECP only have these ones unfortunately and I imagine they are abit crap ? 

2A3839F4-67A4-4353-8FFC-AE9DD08B8B83_zps