Lovin_it

My 330cd slow going project.

Hello all.

Well, after looking for a while I finally settled on my 330cd. It is by no means perfect but had everything on my wish list so I took the plunge.A 2004, 91k with full service history, 2 previous owners, sat nav, full leather, manual.

Picked it up Sunday and thought I would start a thread so I could keep track of my progress.

Needs a bit doing and I'll get there slowly, things like a dam good clean to start with, wheel refurb (or new wheels, more likely) polly bushing, lower ride height, and lots more knowing me.

Picture from the for sale add.

F7C2D285-9C3B-4E8E-8EAB-83CE48160E68.png

2 hours ago, Lovin_it said:

Paid 3800 after a good deal of bartering :)

decent price,them miles on it.and a coupe.

Well this weekend the car got a very good clean. Started off with a claybar them a polish and wax.

This is some of the s*%# that was coming off the paint!

EFAC2219-62A3-4801-93E4-E9A6C7A4AC64.jpg

Got my list of my first purchases all ready now to. Only little things, such as a new ashtray as mine does not stay closed, I have the cup holder but not the rear coin bit so need to find one of those, new gaiters for gearstick and hand break and a new gear knob.

Of course it will have a full service beginning of next month, then a new set of wheels. Will need to do a bit of research about those and width and et??

I keep looking at wheels because mine are the worst bit on the car and are really in need of a refurb.

I am looking at 18" and will be fitted with the tyers I have now, 225/40/18 front, 255/35/18 rear.

New ones are staggered, 8j and 9j with et of 40 on both front and rear. From my research these should be fine but just asking as a double check? Will they be ok?

Mine are et 40 with 8 and 9 wide, fronts fit no problems but when it went into the body shop i asked them to roll the lip back on the arches while they were at it, glad i did as the et40 on the back with h&r springs would have rubbed like hell!

I got a slight rub but got the mallet on it, runs a treat now!

Where did you get the cup holders and coin holder bit? Need to sort mine out as I had the roller tray but the roller bit broke. Even a used tray on eBay is like £25 so torn between cup holders and roller tray. 

Edited by Daz 330 Cs

When I bought the car it came with the cup holder as in the first picture, was missing the rear part with the coin holder.

I found the piece I needed on eBay, I actually got 2 of them because 1 has a tiny bit of damage so will sell that 1 on very soon.

I have seen the cup holder piece on eBay to, for about £30 ish.

Not posted in a while because been really busy so a bit of an update.

Did this a week ago and drove myself to my own wedding.

40F93702-0A09-42A9-B844-9C5EF7BE903C.jpg

Just before that I fitted new badges (all 7) to black and white carbon.

And today got the good news back from BMW that my car has been authorised to get the bodywork all repaired. :) Very happy even though it's really not that bad.

This is the worst bit I can find.

C7B76975-AB69-4AC2-B06E-B53937DD9922.jpg

2 new rear tyers ordered and being delivered tomorrow because since I got the wheels they all had 225's on so will be back on 255 tears. :)

After the paint work is done at the end of the month it will be time to get coilovers. Any recommendations out there? They must come with adjustable top mounts camber plates.