Lovin_it

My 330cd slow going project.

Well the car has been in since Wednesday for the corrosion warranty. I was told I was getting it back Friday but on Friday got a phone call to say the bumpers, bonnet and doors were still off and it will be Wednesday till the body shop will be all done.

So that's a few more days driving the 5 door MINI one D I have, now with 400 miles on the clock.

Here are some pictures of the rust I took the morning of it going in. Will post up pictures when I get the BM back.

C7B76975-AB69-4AC2-B06E-B53937DD9922.jpg

BD97AAEF-78A3-4A5D-8D6F-EE4B336B5904.jpg

CBC526B5-6BBD-461D-BEBD-EBFCC9D301B0.jpg

CFB7B41F-875C-4FE3-B6BB-59419B50603D.jpg

E534CAFC-47B2-4CD9-B895-E39EF5A638EA.jpg

Well after putting a compliant in it seems that BMW are going to respray my car again. I went to a couple of other garages and they both said they could match the paint better that it was. So this was put in a e-mail to BMW customer services along with some pictures and it is to be done again now next month.

i am hoping to get the front bumper done at the same time.

Here are a couple of pics of how I got it back.

C556845B-53EC-41AB-AA38-273EDDFA4253.png

1D06168B-3FF1-4D32-A60E-9A57427D6197.png

So I am after getting a few bits together as I will be on leave from work for about a month over Xmas so want to do some stuff to the 330cd.

I have swirl flap blanking plates ready to do that job, but some help please for other stuff.

I am going to go for the Eibach Pro Kit for lowering springs, have had a bushes changed over the last month or so, so I think I am ready. Is Ebay the best place/price for these?

Also want to fit halo rings to my headlights but really don't know what ones are the best. Doing some research just turned into a mind field. I don't want the colour changing ones, just the right ones for my facelift lights. Any help/links would really be great. I know I will have to get the hairdryer out to split my lights.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by Lovin_it