steve320cd

Vacuum leak?

Gents

Had an issue now for about 3 weeks, engine light comes on and the same codes are always coming up, egr valve related, now I took the egr off cleaned it and put it back, still the same issue, now I think it could be a vacuum leak but also something is weirdly happening with the brakes at the same time, if I brake then come off them and have to apply them again the pedal hardly moves, if I dip the clutch and slightly rev it the pedal comes back to normal, leading me to believe it's definitely a vacuum fault but which hose would cause this brake issue as well??

Any ideas?

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello

yeah I'd say you have a vacuum leak in or around the vacuum pump. Mine did the same as yours. Before you take to to a mechanic look around to see if one of the pipes has a split in it... Follow them from where you put the brake fluid in to the pump at back of engine.

Sorry for late reply.. The vacuum pump is located at the rear drivers side of engine. You have to remove all plastic engine covers and pollen filter out etc. Bit fiddly to get to but I cheated and got my BMW mechanic who does jobs on the side to repair for me at cost of £150...

I'm pretty sure that it's on the front of the engine/camshaft on the 3*0ds? No idea how easy it is to work with though.

Ok I've found the source of the leak, it's the vacuum pipe that leads out of the brake cylinder then goes across the top of the engine and disappears behind where the dipstick goes, any ideas on part numbers gents?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk