Dazza9t9

Aluwerks Wheels

Good morning all, 

has any of you fine lot ever heard of Aluwerks Wheels? 

I have found a set and really like the design. They are fair cheap which concerns me a little.

if anyone has any knowledge, experiences or even better some pics on an E46 

thanks

daz 

Never heard of them, but i do concave :)

As long as they're stamped with the usual  standards, don't see a problem.

Might want to check the weights though.

Yeah weight was something I wanted to consider. 

Do you know the weight of the standard wheels (average, say MV1's)

and what should be stamped on the wheels? I'm less than numpty when it comes to wheels.

the concave wheels were the ones that caught my eye 

I think you'll find that TUV and JWL are type approval stamps not brands of wheels. 

Those wheels in your eBay link will just be another Chinese wheels, heavy and cheap. Plenty of them on the road, so not all bad.

On 28 March 2016 at 18:06, Lovin_it said:

I am also looking at getting a set of these wheels now :)

I have just been to see these wheels. The concave ones look brilliant, however they are extremely wide. 

As for weight. He did not know the wheel weight, they didn't feel hugely heavy, but they will be heavier than some. They are made to take heavy vehicles. He said they are rates higher for weight (concave)

they were all stamped up TUV etc and looked decent quality. Albeit not the best.

I was not as much of a van of the "Grid" they were a flat grey colour and not staggered

he did have a few different ones in and it sounded like he will be getting more over time. It was only a smal place and not been open long at all.

i am going to consider the concave ones, I currently have mv1 with 265 tyres and 20mm spacers which don't rub but I am not convinced the j9 concave will not rub.

for me they seemed like a decent wheel for second hand money! I will be looking at them, even though I had my heart set on rotas

1 hour ago, Lovin_it said:

Cheers for the info :)

i was under the impression that 9j et40 with 255 would not rub.

More research needed.

I am no wheel expert buddy I would not know if they would rub. The chap in the shop thought they may do.

they were good looking wheels so I am hoping to get a set in the future. I am good to nip back at some point and weigh them. I am interested to see what they actually weigh

10 hours ago, Lovin_it said:

Cheers for the info :)

i was under the impression that 9j et40 with 255 would not rub.

More research needed.

I run 18" 9J ET40 rear wheels with 255/35 tyres on my E46 coupe, lowered on coilovers. No rubbing issues at all, although they'll definitely rub if I add any spacers. I tried adding 15mm spacers to a set of 18" 8J ET35 wheels on the rear with 225/40 tyres and that was gonna rub.

Edited by Nimraynn

13 hours ago, Nimraynn said:

I run 18" 9J ET40 rear wheels with 255/35 tyres on my E46 coupe, lowered on coilovers. No rubbing issues at all, although they'll definitely rub if I add any spacers. I tried adding 15mm spacers to a set of 18" 8J ET35 wheels on the rear with 225/40 tyres and that was gonna rub.

Cheers, I am not lowered at all, but I would like to stress YET. :)

What coilovers you running?

Hi they are imported by a company at Teesside autoworxs I have a set and they lasted 8 months on the road before corroding looks like he might have them made for him because I cant find any one else selling them the are stamped JWl and Via but I think they are fake markings because for them to hold a VIA registration they should be stamped on the out side of the wheel not the inside so this leaves a few questions as to weather or not the are registered and save to use or not ? i'd stay clear if i was you