dtviewer

New Erisin Unit Released

It's a shame the UI on these things is almost standard Android and not a custom BMW styled theme.

Very feature rich though! I wonder how much it is, as I couldn't see a price anywhere?

Most of the quad core units recently have been the same architecture. 

Up until now you have had 4 options to mix and match.

RK3066 (Dual Core)

RK3188 (Quad Core)

800x480 screen

1024x600 screen

Not sure what the difference is with this new processor (or whether it is a new processor or not). All I know is that current aftermarket ROM's (Malaysk or booroondook) won't work on them, and I think they have a new MCU board (MTCB vs MTCD).

I'm keeping my eye open on XDA - we may get a 5.1 build for our MTCB units yet. 

I had an issue with my Erisin running Android 4.4.4, I believe the model is 2046AGB.

Anyway, they emailed me a link to updated software but I haven't got around to it just yet.

Here's the software link if it's of any use to anyone?

http://ulozto.net/xFyhB7EG/android-update-software-2015724-zip

Password is 123456

On 16/04/2016 at 20:42, Kermitthefrog said:

I had an issue with my Erisin running Android 4.4.4, I believe the model is 2046AGB.

Anyway, they emailed me a link to updated software but I haven't got around to it just yet.

Here's the software link if it's of any use to anyone?

http://ulozto.net/xFyhB7EG/android-update-software-2015724-zip

Password is 123456

Any tips on how to update?

extract the update.img from the zip file, copy it to a microsd card. Pop the microsd card into the GPS card slot and the unit should automatically detect the update.img and prompt you to update. Alternatively, hold the power button, press the reset button, then release the power button at the exact moment the thing turns on to get into recovery mode. Then insert the SD card, scroll to install update from sd then press and hold the power button to update.

Two warnings:-

These updates will wipe the unit back to factory settings to back any media or apps up that you have on the unit itself.

At the moment, do not attempt to flash ANY Android 5.1 firmware onto any MTCB unit - this can permanently disable the board.

Has anyone got a MTCD unit yet? I'm not bothered that much about lollipop but I would like to know if they offer any improvements over the audio in previous units. It seems that most of the MTCB units have issues with the internal mic and radio.

On 4/21/2016 at 07:11, tungmeister said:

Has anyone got a MTCD unit yet? I'm not bothered that much about lollipop but I would like to know if they offer any improvements over the audio in previous units. It seems that most of the MTCB units have issues with the internal mic and radio.

Audio quality seems like it's gone down (worse) that with the stock business radio.  The sound seems hollow to me.  

Internal mic is still bad.  People have a hard time understanding me when using bluetooth.  It does come with an external mic so I will install that to see if it helps.

On 15/04/2016 at 13:23, hadeone said:

I bought the 3062 and installed it.  Had some issues with fitment due to the big plug on the back hitting the air vent box but I removed the locking clip and it fits better now.  I wrote more about it in this thread:  

I've got one of these, same problem, aerial connector hits the air feed, do you have a pic of how you fixed the problem?

Also, my buttons are not illuminating, it flashes on powerup, but then goes off and won't come back on with headlights, any ideas?