gaz-777

Ultimate Bmw @ Santa Pod 19th June.

Anybody interested in going again this year? I missed it last year but I would like to attend this year. 

Edited by Daz 330 Cs

Where is this show?

Ah, I assume you mean Santa Pod. I'm up for it, was thinking about this recently :)

Edited by The_Judge_

Yes it's at Santa Pod again. It think it's normally in September but this year it's been moved to June. The zone has been there the last 8 years, anyone know who normally organises this event? They need at least 10 cars to book a club stand. 

Last year it was Jammo, and year before I think. You volunteering Gaz (?) :)

Edited by The_Judge_

I'd be interested too. Not sure if I'll have some enough running in miles to take on the strip by then though!

15 hours ago, The_Judge_ said:

Sorry Suf I'm way to busy to organise something like this. Maybe Jammo will be up for it again if we get enough interest. Be nice to get the car to its first show after owning it for while now. 

On 5/1/2016 at 23:46, The_Judge_ said:

Well it was supposed to be about 10 people on E46 zone club stand, unfortunately only 3-4 people showed up!? 

I arranged it the previous 2 years, the 1st year was a poor showing from this group and I had to send tickets out to non members(15 in total), last year we had about 10 cars(out of 18). So whilst poor I'm not sure where 3 cars came from, especially when you Mrd, originally had a pass and joined another group without saying!

Unfortunately forums seem to be a dying breed and most groups are organised via Facebook now and e46zone can not keep up, well this seems to be true with BMW clubs anyway.

I've had some good meets with this group in the last few years and met some good people who know who they are but I'll not be arranging anymore BMW meets.

Edited by jammo

Fair play mate, I have noticed over the last year that this forum is not as active as it once was. I'm not on Facebook so I don't know of any clubs or meets. It's a shame really as I quite like the exclusiveness of car forum clubs and them attending shows. 

I will be going to the show anyway if no one else wants to organise it. 

Thanks for the reply Jammo. 

I feel the same way mate but in this modern age Facebook seems to be most accessible for most, I just find that there is too much drama lol.

Have a good day though fella!

Yep way too much drama for me too! Have a good one yourself mate 😉

I feel the same way mate but in this modern age Facebook seems to be most accessible for most, I just find that there is too much drama lol.

Have a good day though fella!

Agreed! Whilst I don't come on here very often any more, I'll always respond to a PM (assuming I get an email), so if anyone is organising any kind of meet, formal or otherwise, then shout! Would be good to catch up....and see if Sufs car is in one piece!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, JasonKruys said:

Agreed! Whilst I don't come on here very often any more, I'll always respond to a PM (assuming I get an email), so if anyone is organising any kind of meet, formal or otherwise, then shout! Would be good to catch up....and see if Sufs car is in one piece!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

There's a tread about the gaydon show too going atm. 

Sufs car in one piece?! Ha! I love your optimism! :D

Like this show,  noticed this site always Is the last bmw site to go on santa pod,

Would.be so much better if people.made more off a effort, 

I've only been once and that was a few years ago with a few of the old lot (Mikey, Aiden, etc). 

To be honest the show was a bit crap but camping the night before and the piss up was great! 

Ben

Have been two years in a row, but fancied gong to Gaydon again this year. There are more stands, exhibitors, loads more cars on display at Gaydon from my experience.

Honestly say never been to Gaydon .do they have trade stands like santa pod.

Sell new an used parts

51 minutes ago, And617y said:

Honestly say never been to Gaydon .do they have trade stands like santa pod.

Sell new an used parts

I went two years ago and saw more trade stands than at Satna Pod, in fact I was disappointed at how fe there were at Santa Pod, so hopefully it will be the same this year (!) The website for Gaydon this year says:

Activities on offer throughout the day including:-

• Driving Arena
  • BMW Motorcycle Club
  • BRCA Racing Circuit
  • Drifting Track
  • Laser Shooting
  • Mini Tanks
  • Arena style event with presenter ‘Steve Deekes’
  • 100 cars in year formation to form the figure of 100, to be photographed from the air   
  • Detailing Company demonstration Q&A
  • M tri colour photo shoot
  • Larger no of trade stands in new location To join our Trade Village Click Here
  • Wheel changing competition – between regions, registers & forums
  • BMW History display boards
  • BMW Aero Engine display
  • Driving skills test
  • Historic, Isetta & Motorcycle Clubs in attendance
  • Real Coffee bars
  • Additional outdoor catering – German white sausage
  • Elevated platform for compere/interviews
  • Tombola and Raffle
  • And much more