ADT

Will they fit?

Hi guys,

I currently have an e46 330ci convertible  on staggered mv2's on stock msport suspension. I'm looking at a set wheels of this fitment:

Fronts 18inch 8.5J ET+15
Rear    18 inch 9.5J ET+25

Will I be able to get them to fit?

If so what tyre size and I'm assuming I'll need spiggots and spacers?

Hi thank you for your reply. I'm not sure tbh.

They are M PARALELL Style 37 alloys if that's any help?

I could get more info from the seller if needed

Sounds like they are off an E39 5 Series - personally I have learnt that the % Series Offset is too low, ie sticks out too much, for an E46, or E36 for that matter. Generally 23 - 27 mm too much. It would be like fitting 25+mm Spacers on E46 Standard Wheels! So you wouldn't want to put more Spacers on.... :(

Here are the Sizes/Offsets(ET) of a 5 Series Style 37 - I think the sizes you have been quoted are wrong.

5er E39

außer Touring, M5 8x18 vorne 235/40R18 Reifenpreis bei ReifenDirekt.de anzeigen ET 20 10,27

außer Touring, M5 9x18 hinten 265/35R18 Reifenpreis bei ReifenDirekt.de anzeigen ET 24 10,54
Edited by MangoMan

2 hours ago, Daz 330 Cs said:

They sound like rims off a 5 series. Very aggressive fitment. Do you have a link ? Isn't there anything else you like ?

They are from a friend of mine, so no link unfortantley. I'm not dead set on them but they are quite nice and I would prefer to stay OEM.

7 minutes ago, MangoMan said:

Sounds like they are off an E39 5 Series - personally I have learnt that the % Series Offset is too low, ie sticks out too much, for an E46, or E36 for that matter. Generally 23 - 27 mm too much. It would be like fitting 25+mm Spacers on E46 Standard Wheels! So you wouldn't want to put more Spacers on.... :(

Here are the Sizes/Offsets(ET) of a 5 Series Style 37 - I think the sizes you have been quoted are wrong.

5er E39

außer Touring, M5 8x18 vorne 235/40R18 Reifenpreis bei ReifenDirekt.de anzeigen ET 20 10,27

außer Touring, M5 9x18 hinten 265/35R18 Reifenpreis bei ReifenDirekt.de anzeigen ET 24 10,54

I have seen pictures of them and sizes/offsets are from the back of wheels. I have been told they are from a 5 series.

Your advice is to leave them? I don't want to roll arches etc

Thank you for bearing with me. I'm new to all the fitment business !

Hi.

Maybe there weren't original fitment on the particular 5 Series they came off...???

I got caught out with a set of 5 Series wheels I bought with Winter tyres fitted thinking they would fit a E36, (same ET as E46) or rather told they would. When I went to fit them they fouled the rear arches before I even lowered the car! Anyway put the tyres on  the E36 Rims... 

You live and learn.... ;)

Now I try all wheels BEFORE and money changes hands... :D

Here is a handy List of all BMW Wheels saying what car they were fitted to and relevant sizes:  http://felgenkatalog.auto-treff.com/ 

Good Luck.

ps. Don't worry so am I.... :)

Edited by MangoMan

14 minutes ago, Daz 330 Cs said:

I'd say they're too much trouble. Have a look online, CM Wheels, LK Perfprmance, Bmautosport....they all stock loads of ET friendly alloys. 

13 minutes ago, MangoMan said:

Hi.

Maybe there weren't original fitment on the particular 5 Series they came off...???

I got caught out with a set of 5 Series wheels I bought with Winter tyres fitted thinking they would fit a E36, (same ET as E46) or rather told they would. When I went to fit them they fouled the rear arches before I even lowered the car! Anyway put the tyres on  the E36 Rims... 

You live and learn.... ;)

Now I try all wheels BEFORE and money changes hands... :D

Here is a handy List of all BMW Wheels saying what car they were fitted to and relevant sizes:  http://felgenkatalog.auto-treff.com/ 

Good Luck.

ps. Don't worry so am I.... :)

Thanks guys you've been very helpful, I can't be bothered with the hassle, so I'll probably look elsewhere but it's their condition that's attracting me.

BUT while I was looking on ebay I found the wheels on there!

Here is the link. Let me know what you think

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231936956651?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

On 11/05/2016 at 19:15, Daz 330 Cs said:

Yes, a stunning wheel. But not for the E46. 

5 hours ago, MangoMan said:

Mmmmmmm, beautiful. ;)

Sad times :(

Really like their style. Thanks for the help guys!