RedDevil

Rear Bumper Clip Help!!

My rear bumper has dropped so big gap between car bodywork and bumper I can see a clip near the end of the wheel arch but not sure how it clips in as I push it in and it pops out. Excuse the rubbish iphone pics

6C28A14B-88D4-4814-B0BC-E2E312CE67F7_zps

Trying to get pic of clip

19AB1C10-3276-44BD-B26F-5195AA99C64F_zps

BED29363-501D-4330-BE41-540A60DDED48_zps

50E665E6-4571-47CB-B29E-0E7A415115BB_zps

I'd like to know this too. When I crashed mine in Norway it displaced the bumper too, and I've never got it sitting right since. It's kind of a free souviner if I don't fix it!

Looks to me like your clip has broken. It should have a little tab at the top so that it pinches the bumper lip when you push it in.

New clips are a couple quid from bmw and its held in place by a welded thread and nut so you simply undo the nut and replace the clip. Be sure to lube up the nut as if you snap the threaded part you will need to have a new one welded in place.

I just tightened those clips on mine today, was one side was popping out. It has sorted the problem.

To tighten them, I pulled the bumper out, then got a large slot screwdriver, the pushed it onto the bottom metal piece of the clip where it holds the bumper, and applied a bit of force, to tighten the clip gap slightly.

Edited by Tim-Ci