Hawk

Hawks, Clubsport, Better pics.

Just been through this entire thread, loving the progress! 

Have you done much over the last few months on it? 

And how has that leather repair kit held up (conscious you did it nearly a year ago)? My Clubsport's seats are in very similar condition so wondering what the best solution is to fix them up. 

Also love the CSL / Ducktail - I was impartial to it before but suits your Clubsport perfectly! 

On 16/04/2017 at 13:36, Aspire_Dan said:

Just been through this entire thread, loving the progress! 

Have you done much over the last few months on it? 

And how has that leather repair kit held up (conscious you did it nearly a year ago)? My Clubsport's seats are in very similar condition so wondering what the best solution is to fix them up. 

Also love the CSL / Ducktail - I was impartial to it before but suits your Clubsport perfectly! 

Hey, thanks for the compliments. The leather restore has held up great with no wear, I done my steering wheel on my winter car too and it's as good as the day I done it. Go onto the furniture clinics website and order the black BMW and you'll get a perfect match. 

Car's back on the road now since Monday after a 5 month winter break, but I've not done much to it over the winter. I bought myself a private plate, test fitted one of the Recaros, changed the oil, and changed a rear ARB drop link for the MOT. It feels good to be back out in it and I've done 300 Miles since Monday with no issues. 

%5BURL=http://s451.photobucket.com/user/TheHawk_bucket/media/My%20BMW%20330CI%20Clubsport/20170418_211048_zpsd4wd9eop.jpg.html%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq235/TheHawk_bucket/My%20BMW%20330CI%20Clubsport/20170418_211048_zpsd4wd9eop.jpg%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5D

%5BURL=http://s451.photobucket.com/user/TheHawk_bucket/media/My%20BMW%20330CI%20Clubsport/IMG_20170405_145828_876-01_zpsk8wfxu1z.jpeg.html%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq235/TheHawk_bucket/My%20BMW%20330CI%20Clubsport/IMG_20170405_145828_876-01_zpsk8wfxu1z.jpeg%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5D

Great, I see the problem with photobucket IMG tags I have on here has returned. Weirdly those exact same tags work on another forum. 

I treated myself self to a set of KW V1 coilovers, I won't post a pic as the links get corrupted on here, hopefully it'll sort itself out like last time and I'll update my posts. Also my washer pump failed so I ordered a new one, I also ordered a Meyle FSR Hedgehog as my heaters have been pulsing, I also bought forever black to stain my wing mirror surrounds once and for all. 

Other than that, I'm just enjoying driving it.

Keep meaning to comment on this, it's been a good read, love the OEM look. Got myself some furniture clinic stuff after your recommendation! Hopefully you can clear something up for me, I'm trying to get a Parrot Asteroid Smart and want to use it with steering wheel controls, but places that sell the UNIKA say that my car isn't compatible (also a HK business CD model). Could you tell me exactly what stuff you ordered or if you had this problem? As yours was a fairly recent install. 

On 25/05/2017 at 21:35, Benji83 said:

Keep meaning to comment on this, it's been a good read, love the OEM look. Got myself some furniture clinic stuff after your recommendation! Hopefully you can clear something up for me, I'm trying to get a Parrot Asteroid Smart and want to use it with steering wheel controls, but places that sell the UNIKA say that my car isn't compatible (also a HK business CD model). Could you tell me exactly what stuff you ordered or if you had this problem? As yours was a fairly recent install. 

Hey, thanks for the compliments and good on you for giving the leather a freshen up. 

Re the Asteroid smart I boght these....The head unit a Unika, a steering wheel adapter kit and a faceplate adaptor. I had to do no extra wiring, it works no issues with Harmon Kardon. The main issue with fitting it is the space as there's a lot of wires. Were I doing it again I'd buy an ISO exyension kit and route some wiring into a box in the glovebox. Also for the USB plugs for the back of the unit. Buy two angled ones and two with the smallest depth heads possible and it'll fir in. Full depth USB heads will foul on the back of the housing and you won't get the unit in flush. 

56 minutes ago, avalaugh said:

BMW offer the kidney grills in black too mate, I went with OE chrome, about £100 but as you say the fit is perfect.

Link for those EURO tips, I want them, looks the nuts [emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I enquired at bmw they told me they were only available for the facelift in black, not the pre face. I did the same, aftermarket grilles fit so poorly.

Your right, those tips are well nice! The spaced out rear wheels look wicked n'all. 

1 hour ago, avalaugh said:

BMW offer the kidney grills in black too mate, I went with OE chrome, about £100 but as you say the fit is perfect.

Link for those EURO tips, I want them, looks the nuts [emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers for the info, I bought a good used pair of grills from eBay for £30 all clips intact. 

Heres a link to the guy that sells the euro tips on the M3 Cutters forum. http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/showthread.php?t=142279 unfortunately as they're for an M3 you'll need to buy four and sell the other two on. I just put mine up on Instagram with a pic and got a buyer. Bonus is, remove your standard e46 tips and cut the usual notch, then put a towel over the end of these tips, then a bit of wood over the towel and hit these home with a mallet. They're a mega snug fit and will never fall off. Proper stainless steel too so give them a coating of sealant and they'll clean up like new time after time. 

Edited by Hawk

45 minutes ago, Ruesta said:

Have you ordered from SSDD before? Just ordered a rear diffuser from them.

Yeah, that's who I bought my CSL boot from mate. Never had an issue and I've heard the fog covers are a good fit

45 minutes ago, Ruesta said: Have you ordered from SSDD before? Just ordered a rear diffuser from them.
Yeah, that's who I bought my CSL boot from mate. Never had an issue and I've heard the fog covers are a good fit

Unless I'm missing something and the fog covers are upgrade over the OEM ones they are only about 3 quid each from the dealers.

Car is looking awesome though. I can't wait to see the seats fully fitted.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

On 03/06/2017 at 21:58, Ruesta said:

When I enquired at bmw they told me they were only available for the facelift in black, not the pre face. I did the same, aftermarket grilles fit so poorly.

Not all aftermarket items are pap. The ones I had on my Cs for more than 4 years fitted perfectly. No issues. 

On 05/06/2017 at 12:09, bennno2005 said:

Unless I'm missing something and the fog covers are upgrade over the OEM ones they are only about 3 quid each from the dealers.

Car is looking awesome though. I can't wait to see the seats fully fitted.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Yeah they're a completely different design mate. If you look at a front bumper picture of my car you'll see the fog covers are much bigger and have an air duct in them. I ordered new ones very similar in style that are known to fit properly. They cost me £60 inc postage.

Quite a lot’s changed since I last updated here so let’s quickly bring it back to date.

Threw spacers on it.
7_FB79444-4_BF6-44_FF-_A6_F6-3117_FB9_D4
B00_C3_AE0-1_D1_B-418_F-_B243-_BDBFBE305

Got my splitters, fog covers and rear diffuser carbon dipped
84_A3_AA25-8149-42_C5-8201-53015_B9785_F
D8_BD98_FF-47_DC-4185-8618-70_B1493_A685

Fitted smoked facelift rear lights and removed them the next day
396032_A6-2_A53-4_DCF-_A05_E-_F78_DE145_

Finally finished off my brackets n made covers for my Recaro bases so fitted the seats.
C370_D47_C-1820-4512-9_DAF-_F2_CF3_D1171
F28_BCC46-_D8_DC-44_AC-_BB2_D-9_E303_A2_

Fancied a change so got a set of M Parallels
38_A803_F5-875_F-4955-87_B4-29_E4_FCF7_C
67_A78_A09-560_F-45_DB-892_B-84_B3_BE697
35_DE63_BE-053_E-461_E-9_D57-22_B4_EBC9_
680_BA5_A0-_E58_F-4412-8_BE7-3_EAA95780_

Got a set of Porsche Brembos to refurb
FFCF2_D45-42_DA-48_DE-_A3_B0-8_A12304_B4
And CSL discs to go on
FFCF2_D45-42_DA-48_DE-_A3_B0-8_A12304_B4

6_EB1_B87_A-_ECCF-4_E8_C-_B462-28635_BF4

Big brakes will be required to compliment the Eaton M90 short snout Supercharger 
D4448094-_E418-4176-_A902-_B411561_B6_F2

Bought other wheels BBS RGR got the refurbed and shod them in Michelin Pilot S4S
728_A34_F2-_C18_C-43_FF-_A542-10_FBE9494
4_D67_D5_E2-6_C96-44_FF-843_B-0_CC1_A192

Seller lied to me about the rear offsets and they’re going to be a challenge to get right so I bought Eibach camber arms n fitted them. I can’t stick mega camber so i’m Going to roll the rear arches as flat as they’ll go and add a little pull too
A727365_D-84_A4-416_A-_AC9_B-16830_EA549
99_EC1_F06-9_EBA-410_B-_AAB0-_A92_DF0856

That’s us roughly back up to speed now so i’ll Keep it more detailed again from now on.

Edited by Hawk

So many changes! Really liked those M Parallels on it.

What's the situation with the carbon dippage? I'm looking to get something done about my scuffed carbon splitters, and Hamman Fog Covers are on my list but I can't afford actual carbon ones so looking at alternatives..

Haha, yeah Iike to mix things up. I still have all the wheels as well as the Clubsport ones so I can swap whenever I want.

Re the carbon, if I were doing it again I’d buy the carbon parts from SSDD Motorsports. I paid £350 for the splitters, diffuser, fog covers. In  carbon and the grills and SMG dome in satin and I wasn’t overly impressed with the results. 

With all the hardware sourced it was time to fit the front brakes. Discs are OEM M3 CSLs and the calipers are Porsche 996

979_B3_E21-9239-46_B9-92_B0-5_D35_B26745

Size next to an OEM single piston

210_F81_AB-49_C2-4317-93_C9-_B957_B17_BF

And fitted.

D0_D02597-2910-4324-_AF8_F-4236_BA752610

Rears are next with Porsche Brembos, M3 rear discs and 2.7 Boxster front pads.

Edited by Hawk

8 hours ago, R11CH said:

Great updates.

Love the brakes! Did you have to have custom brackets made for the calipers?

Been sorting out the fitment of the blue M4 Brembos alround on mine with the oem 330 Bmw performance discs.

Cheers Rich, Your way seems like an easier way of doing it for sure. All my discs were 8k miles old but I had to buy new ones for this kit. I got carrier adapters from creation motorsports and I bought HEL braided lines with brembo fitment one end and BMW on the other.

£1000 is a great deal on a front aand rear mate, good score. I totted mine up and they’re due me £2040, I could’ve probably saved £500 or so, if I hadn’t went with all new everything and painted them myself, but as I’m keeping this for the long haul I decided to replace everything with new. As you know, it soon adds up.