markfireblade

Weird parking sensor fault

Car is a 2003 325i.

Been getting the long beep with no PDC function for some time. Finally got INPA and a suitable cable, plugged in the laptop, INPA says left centre sensor is faulty. Replaced it with a spare used one and that one now works, but none of the others do. The really weird bit: INPA says no faults and there is no long warning beep. If I move the good sensor to any other position it works but none of the others do. Still no faults shown on INPA. Any clues anyone?

Cheers

Mark

I never relied in INPA for these tbh.. You should be able to hear a good, strong click from each sensor.

You'll find the one you replaced is probably clicking much stronger than the others.

On 31/05/2016 at 17:50, chocka said:

i have an intermittent fault, works properly 80% of the time but keeps failing every so often, can work, fail and work again in same day.

I have a similar problem. It doesnt pick up items until its quite close to them so I have to be really slow. It picks up solid items (walls, other cars, etc) but thin items (parking poles, lamp post, etc) it will continue beeping like its close but before the beeping turns to a solid sound it'll be bumping off items. Very frustrating!