Rob-

New Top Gear

Well obviously...... :rolleyes: It's supposed to be a 'Joke'... Or is joking so "last" year aswell... A bit like that saying is sooooooo "last" decade..... (Actually more like last decade....lol...lol...). ^_^

Edited by MangoMan

I tried to watch the first one and it was so cringeworthy that I had to stop after about 30 minutes.

I tried again a few days later and managed to watch the whole episode and really didn't get on with it.

I may give the other episodes a chance as I've heard mixed reviews, but Chris Evans was way too shouty and trying way too hard to be Clarkson. I'm not gonna go out of my way to watch it, but if I have nothing better to do, I might give it another go.

I'd have given it more of a chance if they changed it up a bit. They had a golden opportunity to make it theirs, but instead they decided to try to replicate what Clarkson, Hammond & May had produced. The problem there was it was a formula that only really worked with Clarkson, Hammond and May. Throw some randoms into it and it doesn't work.

We'll see what happens, I'm not sure I expect much to happen of Top Gear.

Extra Gear on the other hand. Again, I've only watched the first one as due to not enjoying Top Gear, I lost interest in following the schedule... but I watched Extra Gear and I actualy enjoyed that. I thought it was a much better show. A change from the norm and much better presenting. This was more what I was expecting of Top Gear.

I do find it funny though that Chris Evans bigged it up massively, saying it was a success after one episode, then continued to say it was doing really well despite numbers rapidly dropping. Now he's realised it's not actually doing well, he's quit. Does make me laugh.

We'll see what Clarkson, Hammond and May have to offer in response, but I expect it'll be a different feel to old Top Gear. Which is a good thing in my books and what CE and co should've done.

The first episode killed it, but it does get better in later episodes - ironically every time Matt did a review or when the guys from Extra Gear did a review. Also, much better charisma between Matt and them.

p.s. I now want to buy a Rolls Royce Dawn, for no reason but it looked amazing ....

The car segments were fine. It was the studio links and the challenges that seemed strained. My favourite was the Aston Martin Vulcan (even though you can't drive it in this country). What a beast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've not seen all of them (the first, second, sixth, I think), but there's a marked improvement. I enjoyed the last ep. On their own, all of them do a good job at the reviews/films, I think (not seen Eddie or Sabine do one alone though).

Together as a group; the chemistry just isn't there yet, but I guess they're presenters, not actors (mostly), so shouldn't be too unsurprising. I'm not sure that Evans wouldn't have got better if he'd had stayed, but cut back on the presenting side of things. He'd got a lot better from ep1 to ep6.

Be interesting to see how the Grand Tour fairs. With an established group/relationship and massive budgets, I doubt they'll have to worry too much!

Well I'm fully caught up on the last series. As everyone else has said, the individual parts are great but when the presenters are together it feels awkward.

Chris Evans did alright in his parts, Matt is actually pretty good against my previous thoughts on him, Chris Harris should own the show! Eddie Jordan can leave and Rory Reid lived up to the black stereo type by saying "man" every other word and using street talk when it's clearly not the right place or time.

Edited by suhail97