J15 CJY

Need help with two problems

Hello all

i have two problems that I need help on. I have tried to search but to no avail.

first problem is I have fitted angel eyes to my car. We followed the instructions that came with it, but something is not right. We fitted these no problem and wired them up. We took out the two side light bulbs fittings. Attached the wire to one of them, but soon noticed on the other light cluster the side indicator was slightly illuminated. We reattached the side light fitting back in.. The amber side indicator turned off, but on the instrument cluster inside the car is registering the bulb is out on that one side. I put the bulb back in and this fault turns off... Now my question is, how can I wire this up so that this fault goes away without having a random side light bulb sitting in my engine bay?? Also with this angel eye kit came with the yellow wire for the auto on off function. What do you attach this to to get this to work? ( this is the function that turns on the Angel eyes when you lock and unlock your doors with key fob).

second problem I have is I bought a second hand door from eBay as mine was smashed into by another driver. I ordered this from a 2002 coupe. My car is a facelift 2004 coupe... When I went to wire up the door I couldn't put in the side mirror on as it was a blue connector and mine is black... I looked at eBay and found a blue back mirror switch but only had one connection. Mine has two, a direct wire from the mirror and another that goes into the loom in the door. Anyone have any ideas on how I can get my electric mirror to work? If I buy a blue back connector from eBay will this work? Or should I rip out my old wire loom from the damaged door?

As as far as I know from googling this... Black/grey wire connector and back of mirror switch is for a standard mirror.... The yellow wire connector and yellow back switch is for the auto folding mirrors..... The blue wire connector and blue back mirror switch is for cars that had the auto memory seats without the auto folding mirrors..

thanks for your help

Hello

not sure if they are canbus ones... They have a black box like these from eBay

those are the ones I got... The yellow wire has not been installed as I don't know where it goes for the remote on off..

as for the wing mirror I wanted to know if there was a way rather than having to strip down the door to get the wire loom out.. I tried to get it out from my old damaged door but the window is down inside and it's hard to disconnect from the door lock mechanism. I cannot power this up without having to put it back on again... And it was a ball ache to get the door on in the first place ( lining door up etc)...

Ah never thought of that... Thanks

does anyone know about these Angel eye? I have a yellow wire spare that in the instructions says its for the remote on/off.. But where is not clear

I'd imagine it's so you can wire them up to come on when unlocking the door etc. Suppose it'd be a case of seeing what goes live under the bonnet when you unlock the car. Unless your not bothered about this feature?