Dave330

Which Dension for HK/Cassette combo?

I'm hoping to collect a new E46 coupe in the coming days (I have 3 lined up to view), which will come with the same setup as my old one - the HK upgraded speaker/amp package, and cassette/changer combo.

I (eventually) fitted a RoryW cable to my last car, giving me an aux input in lieu of the CD changer. However, I always regretted not going for a 'proper' bluetooth install, and having wireless streaming and hands-free calling.

Dension is mentioned numerous times as a solution for this, which should result in a straightforward decision. However, while everything I read on forums suggests that the HK system requires some sort of 'special' treatment for these inputs, nothing I can see on the Dension website references this (they simply segment by Business/Professional).

Am I over-thinking this? Can I just fit the boggo "Business" Dension? Is there a better bluetooth solution out there somewhere?

I've emailed the UK Dension distributor, but am not hopeful of a reply.

If anyone was interested, the answer is (allegedly) GBL3BM1. Carcommunications.co.uk are the UK distributor, and have been bloody helpful this far. I'll report back once it's fitted.