Jbean

Air bag light

hi guys/gals having a major headache. so my airbag light is on so i thought lets get this sorted

bought the seat bypass!!!!! no joy

bought INPA clears the code but it then comes straight back soooooo bought pa soft BMW scanner 1.4 after a few issues loading it works cleared the codes and BAM straight back again, read several forums so then disconnected the battery reconnected clear codes straight back on.

please has anyone got any ideas or suggestions

I have also received a letter from BMW about the recall for the passenger airbag, has anyone had this done??? what is it?????

got back off holiday and decided i might start driving it again but then realised that my MOT was due to run out (last friday) so I'm now I'm really shagged as i can't get it MOT'd with the dam light on the dash.

would buying a new seat solve the issue????   

12 hours ago, Jbean said:

hi guys/gals having a major headache. so my airbag light is on so i thought lets get this sorted

bought the seat bypass!!!!! no joy

bought INPA clears the code but it then comes straight back soooooo bought pa soft BMW scanner 1.4 after a few issues loading it works cleared the codes and BAM straight back again, read several forums so then disconnected the battery reconnected clear codes straight back on.

please has anyone got any ideas or suggestions

I have also received a letter from BMW about the recall for the passenger airbag, has anyone had this done??? what is it?????

got back off holiday and decided i might start driving it again but then realised that my MOT was due to run out (last friday) so I'm now I'm really shagged as i can't get it MOT'd with the dam light on the dash.

would buying a new seat solve the issue????   

ive had airbag done,and it doesnt get rid of airbag light,mine comes on if someone has been sitting in passenger seat,so i assume it is the occupancy sensor.airbag module replacement is simply replacing the airbag,takes around two hours at bmw.

The recall at BMW has nothing to do with your light coming on. And clearing the codes won't make the fault fix itself. What codes are showing up when you read them? Will point us in the right direction. There's at least 12 bits that'll cause the light, all separate from each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Edges said:

The recall at BMW has nothing to do with your light coming on. And clearing the codes won't make the fault fix itself. What codes are showing up when you read them? Will point us in the right direction. There's at least 12 bits that'll cause the light, all separate from each other.

someone looking for a quick fix and only joined up to forum to do so,pound to a penny he gets his fix or not then back off to never never land until another problem raises its head.

Funnily enough I have the same problem.... Also bought the bypass goodie, (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281821937587?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT - paid £5.99) thinking it will sort the problem - NO!

But I have an added issue in that I can't even get the Code to come up to delete it...??? I even bought a B800 Reader, but still no joy! It just flashes an e11 or e10 when I'm trying to use it. Even went to my local garage and even he couldn't get the Code to come up...???

At least thankfully my MOT isn't due until February... But they managed to cancel it then to get it passed.

Any ideas please??? Thanks. :) 

B800 Reader:

2016-07-10%2010.36.02_zpsdmxvkih2.jpg~or

4 hours ago, rasa said:

someone looking for a quick fix and only joined up to forum to do so,pound to a penny he gets his fix or not then back off to never never land until another problem raises its head.

Thanks for the vote of confidence,  i have been a member for a while and i have managed to do so much myself thanks to this forum and its members :D granted i don't post as much but this site is an invaluable tool for e46 owners.

As this is not my daily car i don't spend as much time in it as i would like. there are so many little jobs i need to do and thankfully being a member helps me with this.  

3 hours ago, Jbean said:

Thanks for the vote of confidence,  i have been a member for a while and i have managed to do so much myself thanks to this forum and its members :D granted i don't post as much but this site is an invaluable tool for e46 owners.

As this is not my daily car i don't spend as much time in it as i would like. there are so many little jobs i need to do and thankfully being a member helps me with this.  

2nd then,and you joined when you had a problem,not been on since,not saying its bad just stating facts,or have you not checked your activity.

9 hours ago, rasa said:

thanks for the vote of confidence 

44 minutes ago, rasa said:

2nd then,and you joined when you had a problem,not been on since,not saying its bad just stating facts,or have you not checked your activity.

Too be honest I'm crap with passwords so come on here as a guest which can get me through most of the sections without logging in. 

I did buy a TT which has taken up a few man hours and my E46 has been sat on my drive with a slipping clutch for the best part of the last year, but this site has helped me replace my rocker cover gasket, change my angel eyes to LED and several other little jobs.

I do get where you are coming from but some people are more active than others i will endeavour to post more, i would love to show off my and share journey of my E46

9 hours ago, rasa said:

Personally I think this is a bit gratuitous considering nearly most people that join any Forum are seeking advice, be that because they have an issue with a purchase or looking for advice on a prospective purchase.

Also, not everyone that joins a Forum will become a big contributor - and there is no unwritten rule that they have to be, everyone is different.

But this sort of sarcastic condemnation really does not help matters, more than likely pushes people away and makes them contribute even less... ;)

I spent a good 3.5 years of not posting on here... But oh well.

Anyway, the reason your light comes straight back on is the open circuit faults. I'd bet good money that the fault is the wiring plugs under the passenger seat. It's all components of that airbag system throwing faults so if suggest the female pins have grown weak and not contacting the male pins. Recommend cutting plugs out and soldering wires to each other.. Just be careful to solder the correct wires to each other. But yeah, get rid of the weak point which is the wiring plugs

I realise the suggestion not directed at me but the wires have already been soldered together. I understand that it can also be the Seatbelt attachment?

Yeah I was aiming that one at jbean, but yours.. Hard to say, without any code it's hard because it can literally be anything. You could look towards getting a better computer plugged in (don't know which one your garage had!) or look towards wiring faults or solder faults on the dash cluster

14 hours ago, rasa said:

I'm beginning to think it may have been done by the previous owner as they took the passenger seat out to run the freeview box cables up the centre console. I have ordered a new passenger occupancy bypass, failing that i will probably get a new front seat or just replace the whole interior.

would you suggest taking the seat out as it is very tight and fiddley

On 10 July 2016 at 07:06, rasa said:

Right I'm  back guys, so since my last post i have removed the seat unplugged and cleaned all connectors with no joy, now completely at my wits end i began scouring the net again and came across a post where they checked the actual airbag itself.....the pic was stolen but its just a guideline the connector was loose and a clip cracked so into the boot for my best friend DUCK tape...... NOTE NOTE

DISCONNECT NEGATIVE BATTERY LEAD BEFORE REMOVING COVER 

plugged in my pa soft and fault had gone   :D:D one happy bunny 

nya72v.jpg