Dicky

Sticky Exterior Door Handle Fix

LOL..

Matt makes me laugh - Top bloke.

Thats also the dude with the X50twin turbo i posted a while back now (and the insanely hot missus) ((sorry Matt if you read this!)) (((who am i kidding, you will be loving that comment!)))

True....

Did i mention that his missus is insanely fit??????

And she drives a BMW!

Lucky bloke. :lol:

Might have to get me an x50 next. B)

Sounds like my kind of girl! ;)

Going to do this on my passenger side on my lunch break. People always tap on the window asking me to unlock it when they're trying to get in the car. Don't half get on my nerves.

PS. Just seen a pic of a stunning blonde on his youtube page. Yes please! LOL

Just a word of warning for anyone looking to do this, if the mechanism is worn so much that when you adjust the stop you can risk adjusting too much and as a result you will never be able to open the door!

Always adjust this stop with the latch locked in (as it would be if the door is shut) and then test the mechanism to make sure it will unlock the door before closing!

Seriously the internet is a dangerous place these days.

Just a word of warning for anyone looking to do this, if the mechanism is worn so much that when you adjust the stop you can risk adjusting too much and as a result you will never be able to open the door!

Always adjust this stop with the latch locked in (as it would be if the door is shut) and then test the mechanism to make sure it will unlock the door before closing!

Seriously the internet is a dangerous place these days.

like a fool i did not read this and seem to be fooked as far as the door is concerned is there a fix for this?please

Been meaning to do this for a while now, just thought if I don't do it now I never will so out came the Allen keys and head torch. Passenger side worked great, really good now, drivers side ........ Made probably half a turn and no difference so another half it felt like it wouldnt budge anymore so I thought, good stuff! But still no difference. I really give it some and now it's just turning and turning and still not opening any easier. Please say I have done something simple and this is an easy fix

Or

Have a broken something?

Any help appreciated lads! (and any ladies we have)

It seems that this video is a bit miss leading, in dealership we used to slacken off the bolt lift the handle to approx half free play and tighten the bolt at the same time, also worth mentioning the bolt has a left hand thread which I think explains a few peoples problems. Once adjusted the mechanism needs lubricating some sort of spray grease is best (do it with window up) use a can with a long tube and spray though the access holes and down the side of the outer handle in the upward position.

Hope this helps.