330matt

Spacers ? ( topics merged )

I know this has been discussed many times but I can't seem to find the answer with the search function.

Im looking to add spacers but unsure which size to get. I'm currently running 18" wheels 8.5f 9.5r et 45f/r with 225 40 18 tyre front 255 35 18 rear. I've also just fitted the sportline kit blistein shocks eibach Springs. 

The question being will I get away with running 12mm hubcentric spacers all round without an issue? I had originally wanted only 10mm but have read enough about broken spacers.

Any advise would be appreciated or pictures of the same setup would be even better.

Edited by Daz 330 Cs

I just wanted to say that I have run 10mm Spacers, (see photo) the bog-standard cheap ones on quite a few cars over the last few years, the last being for over 6 years and never had a problem - but I will say try to get ones that have a centre bore as close to the hubs size as possible. I was lucky that the ones I had were 73mm so they fitted quite nicely on the E46 Hub... ;) 

And I bought 20 new longer bolts - longer by 10mm. Here:  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281931189398?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Just as long as the mating surfaces are nice and clean, (which they should be anyway) I cannot see an issue.

Actually it's quite nice that the E46 Hub protudes about 13-14mm so you can still centre the wheel nicely. :)

I've fitted them with my standard Style 45 Lightweight Alloys and tyres - just makes it look that little bit different with a better stance. :D (As seen in photo).

I know they're no big deal, but it's all I can afford right now.

$_57.JPG

2016-04-20 16.12.18aaa.jpg

So I was about to order the 15/12mm spacer kit from cm wheels and thought if measure up on my own car first.

Using the weighted string method I've got sod all clearance?!

Face-lift 330ci on eibach sportlines with staggered mv2 wheels on 255/35 and 225/40 tyres.

Front should be fine with 15 but rears look like they could take 5 max?

8f6518499413e58c365b96b56a9b1242.jpg220e48fe4886cbb22d54fdb1e644c681.jpg088d2cc22ecfc5f3ad3cad75af9d9723.jpg

hi, sorry i did try using the seach function, but i've never really been that bothered about spacers but now i am

i wondered which spacers i should get for my 2001 330ci, its on standard mv1 alloys, whats the maximum mm spacers i can get without risking rubbing, and also where is best to buy them? many thanks :)

I run 12mm spacers on the front and 15mm on the rear with MV1s and stock suspension, this is on my 2003 Coupe. My rear will rub ever so slightly if I have 4 people in the car and we go over some rough road, but apart from that everything seems fine.

I bought Bimecc hubcentric spacers from eBay along with extended bolts and a locking bolt set.

15mm is the maximum. I've got mine on my Clubsport which is lowered about 10mm on Eibach Pro's and Bilstien B8's.

The rears will rub if you haven't had your alignment corrected, there is supposed to be a small amount of negative camber at the back, which ensures the rears clear.

1 hour ago, jamesfoley said:

I bought Bimecc hubcentric spacers from eBay along with extended bolts and a locking bolt set.

Hi.....

I guess these would be the ones?  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12mm-15mm-Hubcentric-Wheel-Spacers-BMW-E36-E46-E90-E91-E92-E93-Z3-Z4-LOCKS-/161672748589?hash=item25a4725e2d:g:UjwAAOxyVaBSqYo8

Thanks.