Ed-B

Ed-B's 2nd 330ci

Hello,

Some of you may remember my 330ci from 2 years ago, I had to sell that one but I am now back in another 330ci and it feels nice to be back.

I bought this from another forum member so a few of you probably saw it advertised, facelift, 82k miles, full service history, a years mot and a really good spec; including sunroof, heated seats, harman kardon, powerfold mirrors, xenon headlights and bluetooth, so a very nice example.

The previous owner replaced the windscreen before I bought it. Unfortunately this I believe is the cause of the automatic/intermittent wiper function now not working, and a week after I got it, a front caliper was sticking. The steering wheel clicks occasionally on turning which the previous owner believes is clock/slip ring related. The front wings are also on the way out, with the usual rust taking over. Other than that, the cars in great condition and feels really solid. 

So far I have fitted an aux cable and also genuine 'performance' (black) kidney grilles. 

Comments welcome, cheers. (Pictures are a bit s**t due to the sunlight- I'll get better ones soon).

Old:   DSC_0145.jpg

New:  Photo%2018-07-2016%206%2027%2008%20pm.jp

Photo%2018-07-2016%206%2025%2055%20pm.jp

Photo%2018-07-2016%206%2025%2012%20pm.jp

Photo%2018-07-2016%206%2028%2027%20pm.jp

Edited by Ed-B

Lovely looking 330ci, spec is perfect I'm on the look out for something very similar but they are hard to find.

All the problems seem minor and shouldn't cost you much to fix, how much were the performance grilles if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks, yeah it can be hard to find a well specced one. 

Griles were £83.40 delivered. I'm sure you could get them cheaper, but I wanted genuine as the fitment won't be quite right otherwise. I believe you get some sort of warranty with them as well should you need it. 

Thanks 

3 hours ago, Mk2majik said:

Looks ace mate,what spec are the wheels and tyres?

58 minutes ago, gaz-777 said:

Csl wheels in bronze? They look really nice Ed, are they the same specs as mine? 

Yeah thanks both, I am pleased with them, really transformed the look for me, they are the same as yours I believe Gaz:

19" 8.5 ET38 and 9.5 ET40 from CMwheels.

I went for Nankang NS2 - 235/35/19 front and 245/35/19 rears. I am pleased I did as I wanted as least amount of stretch as possible and there really isn't much at this size. I've also not had any rubbing other than pulling on a sloped drive. 

This is at standard ride height - I will follow up with some close up pictures at some point so others can see the tyre size/wheel size combo. 

1 hour ago, HeftyDanielson said:

Welcome back, looks like you're off to a good start once again.  Loving the Silver/Gold contrast. 

Ha thanks, something a but different and I'm really liking it. You still around the bay in a BM? I'll keep my eyes peeled.