Sam87

Pic's of the new daily [also little project] Individual Estoril blue 330CD

Hello everyone!

About 4 months ago I sold my daily to a friend of mine, it was an E46 Estoril blue 330d M sport, 6 speed manual, quite a rare car to find in this colour. I had that car for just over 2 years. 
Even though I didn't want a saloon anymore I regretted selling the car straight away. What made it worse is that I sold it to a friend of mine and I would see the car every day. I decided I wanted another 330d but this time I wanted a coupe..... I only wanted Estoril blue, had to be manual also.
After looking for some time I finally found the car I wanted

Its an Individual 330CD 2006 model, one of the last ones...Manual, M sport...It has some nice options also...Like Xenons, Heated leather, CD changer and the usual staff
The car has been lowered on coilovers.
It has 19's from the 6 series BMW
The arches have been rolled/flared.
It also had a dtuk tuning box which I must say made the car drive completely different compare to my old 330d, it pulled so much harder.

After I bought the car I done some work to it.
I put 4 new tyres as it had budget ones, they were like new but so noisy! New starter motor
I terra cleaned the engine to improve performance and fuel consumption.

Then few weeks ago the turbo started to whistle :(... I could have left it like that for maybe another year or so but I thought maybe its time to upgrade! :D
I went for a Hybrid Turbo, De Cat, EGR Delete and Custom remap.
The car is now running just over 285+bhp... Please let me know what you guys think when you look at the graph, does it seem alright?

With the tuning box it kind of felt like it pulled harder at 2000rpm to 3000rpm and then started to drop where as now it pulls better from 3000rpm all the way to red line...The power delivery is smother now, I don't know if I like it more or not, its different that's for sure. I kind of miss the crazy tourqe at 2000rpm
I also done few other things while I was waiting for the turbo and other parts.

I fitted Genuine M3 mirrors.
CSL Boot spoiler blended in
Front grill outer trim colour coded 
E46 M3 exhaust tips.
Yellow brake calipers.
I just detailed the car also

I'd love to find Champage interior for it but I don't think I will.
I'm not trying to turn this into an M3 replica but I do love the M3 mirrors and csl boot.
I have to keep in mind that its a daily and I shouldn't go too crazy with it.

Anyways enough writing, here's some pic's......Well lots of pic's :D
Comments welcome :)

IMG_1510_zpsstgpinyp.jpg

IMG_1513_zpsukr6imdb.jpg

IMG_1501_zps7ky94yw0.jpg

IMG_1509_zpsraj5vzrs.jpg

IMG_1506_zpsktvscsw5.jpg

IMG_1505_zpsn7pjizdw.jpg

IMG_1500_zpschxn0cue.jpg

IMG_1494_zpswof0imvr.jpg

IMG_1524_zpsn59honbr.jpg

FullSizeRender_zpsohilc3he.jpg

Old one and new one parked together

IMG_1452_zpsebomdhej.jpg

Have to post one of the M3 as well, cant leave that out even though its prked in the garage most of the time

IMG_1450_zpsflbvpqfp.jpg

Edited by Sam87

Hi Rich! How are you?

Thank you, I wasn't sure about the wheels when I first got the car but they've grown on me and I like them now :D

If I see some wheels I like more who knows, I might change them. Being married now I have to be sensible :(

Thank you Yemi

yeah like you say it's very rare to find one other than the club sports.

i got the mirrors from m3cutters and I got them for an excellent price, I just had to paint them.  Your car looks beautiful!

Hi Rich! How are you?

Thank you, I wasn't sure about the wheels when I first got the car but they've grown on me and I like them now [emoji3]

If I see some wheels I like more who knows, I might change them. Being married now I have to be sensible [emoji20]

Good mate belated congrats getting married. You coming to any of the shows this year?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Sam87 said:

Thank you Yemi

yeah like you say it's very rare to find one other than the club sports.

i got the mirrors from m3cutters and I got them for an excellent price, I just had to paint them.  Your car looks beautiful!

Ah, m3cutters, I always forget about that site. Are the mirrors electric or manual fold? Mine are manual fold, not sure if that matters.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Thank you Rich..... As for the shows I don't think I'll make any of them this year :(

Haha cheers but I can't sell it yet :)

Mine are manual fold also, it doesn't matter. One thing to keep in mind is that the connection is different.

5 hours ago, Sam87 said:

Thanks for the comments guys.

Thank you Rich..... As for the shows I don't think I'll make any of them this year :(

Haha cheers but I can't sell it yet :)

Mine are manual fold also, it doesn't matter. One thing to keep in mind is that the connection is different.

Ah, awesome. Thanks for the info Sam B)

Georgeous car, looks ultra clean and a tasty spec too. Wise choice.

I've been thinking about bigger tailpipes on my 330 as I was worried that when it comes out from paint with the CSL boot that the pipes will look too small.  I think you've just shown me the way to go with the M3 tips. Do you know if they've been welded on or are they screwed/riveted on?

Thank you!

They've been welded on. I changed the exhaust tips on my M3 and I had this as spare so I thought why not try and see how it looks on this car and I think they're just right, not too small or too big. Because the original tips face down even after cutting them they still face down, I had to bend them a bit and then welded the tips on.

Just un update, nothing new has been to the car but I've just come back from a 3 weeks Europe trip.
I decided to go with my wife around Europe, see a few places and then stop in Greece for 2 weeks.
The countries I past were, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Macedonia and finally greece. Total miles in 3 weeks were 6000 miles!
Car drove perfect apart from the rear tyres wearing down to the cords on the way back! I changed the tyres before going away and I couldn't get any tyres anywhere in Germany. I stoped in few cities and no one had the tyres in stock so I ended up coming from Germany to london with a space saver!!! Doing 50mph in Germany wasn't fun, especially when I knew how fast I could go there :(

Going to Germany I had the opportunity to see how fast the car was after the new mods. 
I cannot describe how fast it is for a diesel, especially from 100mph.
Max speed I go out? I went off the clock! Couldn't record or take any pics driving at that speed and the wife refused to record as she was too scared lol :D
I had fun with some very nice cars, cars that I thought would be faster than my diesel bm.
I was going to take the M3 around Europe but I'm glad I didn't because the roads in Macedonia, Serbia and in Greece (Athens) were not that good and they park the cars so close in Greece they use the car bumpers as parking sensors lol.
The car got a lot of attention, few people thought it was an M3, don't know why as it looks nothing like an M3.
For anyone thinking of going around Europe I would say you should definately go, it would be something you'd remember. We took our time, didnt book any hotels in advanced as I didn't know where we'd stop for the night. Didn't want to drive at night time as you won't see much plus you'd need a week to recover from getting tired but the way we done it I honestly didn't get tired.
I'd love to do it again but next time I'll be going a different way to see other places.
The car is the dirtiest it's ever been since I bought it, I'll clean it on my day off as I'll probably spend the whole day cleaning it :D

Edited by Sam87

New interior fitted this week....... I love the colour combo now.... Its not cream but its not champagne either. Anyone know what colour this is called? Its an individual leather as the centre of the seats have parts of the leather what looks like its small square boxes pressed in

car8_zpshymd3dhq.jpeg

car10_zps1yyc2c9y.jpeg

car11_zpsr1ecfa2d.jpeg

car3_zpsl8h014x5.jpeg

7 hours ago, RickyZ said:

That interior is called Light Gelb (yellow) and its nappa leather and is a BMW exclusive leather.

I had it in my old 330 and is a nice leather

Good find

Thanks for that! Now I can try and find some paint because I cleaned the interior but the product that I used was a bit too strong and the front seats could do with painting now, my fault.

Thank you Salim!

I've thought of maybe trying different wheels but in the flesh I think this wheels look better than in the pics. I tried the wheels off my M3 and they just didn't look right. 

I got the spoiler from ebay, I think it was about £65. If I remember right it came from Poland. I have a friend that owns a body shop so he didn't charge me much. He wanted £150 but I gave him £200 for blending the spoiler and paint the M3 mirrors.

M3 wheels are a definite no-no in my opinion but even they would be better than your current ones in my honest opinion, lol no offence because I genuinely really love your car other than that. 

With regards to the spoiler the job looks to be bang-on and a bargain too. Nice to see you paid him extra for his work, not many people would do that nowadays. 

Any chance you can reply/pm me a link for the one you bought because I want the exact same job one mine, I've seen some really poor examples too