jayla

Can anyone recommend a cheap dashcam

Hi

I would like to buy a cheap dash cam but one that wont break down in a few month.

Some idiot clipped my side mirror luckily the mirror went flying on my lap while driving. Mean reason I want one is as I will be driving daily and I don't want to get one that breaks or records s**t. I already know maplin ones always fail. Use to work there so I know lol 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261725386454?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

This one any good?

Edited by Daz 330 Cs

I know of quite a few people I know that have fitted one of these:  

I have been thinking of getting a DashCam, and if I did this would be the one I would personally choose.

I have heard of no complaints about the ones that I have known to be fitted.

There are loads on Ebay ranging around the £40.00 mark - which is really quite good considering the quality of reproduction!

I know Bob personally, (when I had an R75) and if he says it's good, it's good... :) His Fitting: http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=214247&highlight=Dash+Cam 

I don't see the Camera in question on that review...???

Also you asked for a cheap Camera that won't break down. Well to start with that is a pretty tall order.

I think you better raise you budget if you want perfection I'm afraid - and even then there's no guarantee that it won't break down.

Also if you start to look at every review, there will always be bad apples - it's the nature of the beast...

Good luck. ;)

If you can still get hold of them, the G1WH are a decent cheap and cheerful dashcam. I had a G1W which lasted just over a year before it stopped powering on, but the G1WH I replaced it with seems better built and has been working perfectly.

Here is a demo video for quality. Bear in mind YouTube will drop the quality slightly:

Not bad...

The only downside personally is the size and the type of holder, which was the main thing I liked about the A118 - quite unobtrusive and hard to see from the outside. ;) Also they tend to flip upwards in the event of an impact.

I found a link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Novatek-Detection-Recorder-G-sensor-Technology/dp/B00HMNFWYW  Good price!!

Edited by MangoMan

I've just bought my a wife the RAC one from currys to replace the cheap Ebay one she had in before. 

Only had it in for a few weeks but it seems well built and has a good clear video. 

I think I cost me £37. 

On Tuesday, July 26, 2016 at 09:11, MangoMan said:

I don't see the Camera in question on that review...???

Also you asked for a cheap Camera that won't break down. Well to start with that is a pretty tall order.

I think you better raise you budget if you want perfection I'm afraid - and even then there's no guarantee that it won't break down.

Also if you start to look at every review, there will always be bad apples - it's the nature of the beast...

Good luck. ;)

The camera in question is in that review a118 and  it looks like this is nice size and no one can see it. last think i want is someone trying to steal the camera or people asking  why i have a camera.  i have a look at currys but might get the a118 

Edited by jayla

On 7/29/2016 at 17:04, Daz 330 Cs said:

Not cheap but....

20160729_165730.jpg

Daz - been looking at getting one of these. How's your experience been with it? Can get a new one from a decent shop for £82 now.

On 7/25/2016 at 00:18, jayla said:

the capacitor one looses time and date on some reviews

https://dashboardcamerareviews.com/dash-cam-comparison-table/dash-cam-comparison-affordable/

good  link to use 

I've been using the capacitor version (A118C) for 18 months now and it has never lost the time, never broken a recording, never failed to record. A very well recommended dashcam from me.