nutrunner

e46 330ci convertible ,no aircon

went to halfords today for a aircon charge  chap tried but no , go then i noticed it didnt engage so any ideas on what it could be  or is it a new unit thanks in advance for your thiughts

When you say its not engaging do you mean the clutch isn't kicking in? It could be either a bad fuse or relay, or if the system is empty then there is a built in pressure switch to prevent the clutch engaging as it can damage the system if ran dry. OR it could be that your compressor has failed.

My bet would be that you have a hole in the system somewhere since halfords couldn't get it to take a charge. Kwik Fit will stick a die through the system to show you where the problem is so could be worth giving them a call.

hi Si your not going to be-leave this but when to muy m8s garage this morning to ask him about the aircon and he open the bonnet and he told me to switch i on and  it worked  what the chap at halfords did was to press the wrong switch he never tou

ched the icicle  ,  went back and did it later no probs  amazing  every 1 is allowed 1 mistake