Wrighty74

Drove a 335d today

My mate purchased his new car today BMW e90 335d msport saloon

Had to reluctantly give him back his keys after having a drive in it,the way it pulls was incredible,power delivery was so smooth,enjoyed it being an auto too

When it's time to upgrade my old e46,one of these will be on my list

Edited by Wrighty74

Bungers gave me a spin in his remapped one, and they are amazibg, aren't they?

That engine in a 5 series estate is my dream everyday sleeper car. Comfy, big, economical, looks mundane, goes well. 

My brother has one that's mapped it's crazy for a diesel,bmw got it right with the twin turbo 35d. The newer f series are awesome aswell 306bhp from factory and map upto 380bhp plus there x drive.

He is looking at getting it mapped,tbh it would be plenty quick enough for me

Edited by Wrighty74

Ecotune do a Stage 3 package. 430bhp!

On 4 August 2016 at 21:10, TriggerFish said:

Bungers gave me a spin in his remapped one, and they are amazibg, aren't they?

That engine in a 5 series estate is my dream everyday sleeper car. Comfy, big, economical, looks mundane, goes well. 

Yes,I was just gobsmacked how quick and smooth it was compared to how my car drives

i know it's a completely different engine but Christ it left it left me thinking I want one of these bad😎

It's the improvement in autobox changes that really helped. Couple it to an e46 era box and it would be a lot less impressive!

I imagine the latest ones with the amazing zf8 speed are even better! That box is amazingly fast. 

That ZF 8-speed box is lovely.

I sold my 335d coupe to back to an e46! Nowhere near as lively as the e46. A bit too refined, no feedback from the steering wheel

38 minutes ago, Salim said:

I sold my 335d coupe to back to an e46! Nowhere near as lively as the e46. A bit too refined, no feedback from the steering wheel

i think its the auto box that gives it that feeling,i test drove an e9x tourer which had been mapped to 300 bhp,didnt take me long to know auto aint for me,and steering did feel vague/numb,but i just put that down to getting out of my e46 and straight into the e9x

Edited by rasa

5 hours ago, Salim said:

That's fair enough,I only drove it for 15 mins,but it made me smile(quite a lot)

20 hours ago, rasa said:

i think its the auto box that gives it that feeling,i test drove an e9x tourer which had been mapped to 300 bhp,didnt take me long to know auto aint for me,and steering did feel vague/numb,but i just put that down to getting out of my e46 and straight into the e9x

16 hours ago, Wrighty74 said:

That's fair enough,I only drove it for 15 mins,but it made me smile(quite a lot)

I don't think its the box because my 330cd before that was an auto that I retrofitted paddle shifts too

Don't get me wrong, the 335 is a brilliant car all round, not disputing that at all. I was just saying I prefer the e46 in comparison.

But you can't compare the autobox in a E46 with the one in a E90.

Agreed, I've not driven an E46 auto, but the auto in my E93 is lush. I can't understand why you'd ever want a manual ;)

when i was test driving an auto i was going round a large roundabout,it was changing up when i didnt want it to,thats why a nmanual is better and more involving,paddles are just semi auto and nowt like driving a stick shift.

My auto only changes up (in manual mode) if i red line it.