Chris320cd

What's the most frustrating thing about your E46?

mediaC3DHBU15.jpg.fa27b4feb7ce03e2eb9541Brilliant car - well chuffed - BUT the most frustrating aspect for me is the creaking from the seats themselves when driving. Yes leather is obviously going to creak slightly but the seat frames seem to play a tune all of their own!. Anyone else had this issue and what did they do about it?. And yes...I'm probably nit-picking if the truth be known...

mediaTF6B5JL8.jpg

Edited by Chris320cd
photos added

1 hour ago, Willse46 said:

That interior looks unbelievable! Very nice!

My driver's seat base started creaking a few months back. Bloody annoying and usually happens when I pull off fast or change direction quickly. 

Mine are creaking nearly all the time!. Either perhaps the leather wants feeding badly or I need to investigate further to something possibly loose under the seat.

44 minutes ago, Chris320cd said:

Mine are creaking nearly all the time!. Either perhaps the leather wants feeding badly or I need to investigate further to something possibly loose under the seat.

I need to take a closer look at mine and see if I can trace where it's coming from. Seems to be the right side of the seat base. No idea how I'd adjust or fix though. Maybe I just need to cut back on the kebabs. 

29 minutes ago, alan53 said: Useless handbrake

Have to agree - are they a known weak spot? My drive is on a slope (downwards) and I wouldn't dare just hold it on the handbrake.

Both my E46 have had weak handbrakes. And I have had 2 E36's and they were also a bit weak. My mate is a BMW mechanic and he says they are not their strongest point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, Willse46 said:

I need to take a closer look at mine and see if I can trace where it's coming from. Seems to be the right side of the seat base. No idea how I'd adjust or fix though. Maybe I just need to cut back on the kebabs. 

My passenger seat used to make a noise. After a lot of troubleshooting, I pinned it down to the plastic trim cover that runs the length of the seat and hides the seat rails. This was loose and bounces off the seat base. I raised the seat a few mm and it stopped :)

BMW handbrakes on disks are universally rubbish. 

Ive had more BMW's than any other car and apart from the couple of E30's that old skool had rear drums the handbrakes have all been cack.

On my E46 the only slight irritation is that the doors auto-lock as soon as you set off.

Edited by capri_rob

Neither...lol. :)

But he's right about the Gearbox.

Also I think this is about 6 years old - how Syria has changed! (Just like Libya, Iraq et al - thanks to people sticking their noses in where they don't belong!)...

Edited by MangoMan