ShermanKonvict

Rear passenger wheel area clunk HELP

323ci coupe lowered on coilovers running on Bola B1.. Keep getting a scraping sound from rear passenger wheel (sounds like when pads are low etc) then shortly after I get a loud clunk and you can feel the clunk too.. Then it stops ..but if it starts with the scraping sound again then it clunks again. Really strange ..got underneath and can't see anything obvious ..any suggestions ? 

Edited by ShermanKonvict

Yeah that's a good idea I've had a similar sound on a previous car .. Most of the time it just does a metal scrape like as if pads are low .. Then now and again a horrible clunk sound sounds like I've ran over something and stuck under car lol or as if something is very loose and going to fall off

7 hours ago, ShermanKonvict said:

Yeah could be but sounds a lot like the brake area.. Did the 'test' by pulling handbrake up when driving and sound goes quieter so I'm guessing handbrake shoes too now will get it in garage soon when I can get a day off from work 

probably your backplates have rusted ie the retaing screw which holds handbrake will have rusted through,its not a hard job if you cheat to do it,if you go by the proper way you have to replace wheel bearing and also take hub off just to replace backplte,

15 hours ago, ShermanKonvict said:

What would the loud clunking sound be though ? 

you have checked coil springs aye? easy to miss if one has snapped and or shock absorbers as these can leak and will just bottom out when empty and cause a knock,you will have to get it on a hoist and give it a good once over as all this guessing will end up costing you more money in the end.