Ashley1995

Ash's M140i

It's finally here! 

Well okay, its been here a couple of weeks now but  i am only just getting around to posting. After what felt like the longest 7 weeks ever.

The car is amazing. That iconic 3 litre straight 6 is a magnificent engine, 0-60 in 4.8 seconds, 340bhp, 500nm. The ride is great for such a well handling car, firm but not bone crashing. 

I have added some gloss black performance grilles and some gloss black AutoID performance style mirrors.

b1878c6b0d8cee79957a01ca4f9b27db.jpga3f48a29278aa22bfd0453f0a45a14a8.jpg35f3cfe1eea8def37e90c8ef94d678d1.jpgcfcaefe108cb47fcd1a91d9bab4739e8.jpg

56 minutes ago, avalaugh said:

So what's the 140i ?

I've had my eyes on 135i's for a while [emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M140i is the replacement for the M135i.

Looks are all the same but has a new more powerful, more efficient engine.

Swap for a lovely E30?! I can even throw in a free 330d to sweeten the deal?

Looks lovely though! Worth it over the 120d for day to day use, or is the fun more to be had on 'special purpose' drives?

1 hour ago, TriggerFish said:

Swap for a lovely E30?! I can even throw in a free 330d to sweeten the deal?

Looks lovely though! Worth it over the 120d for day to day use, or is the fun more to be had on 'special purpose' drives?

Haha! I have my own one of those that needs some TLC!...

Worth it 100%, with the manual it's great to drive all the time. It just 'wants to be driven' if that makes sense. it's really easy and comfortable to drive around town and then turns into a complete animal in sport when hooning it.  The exhaust valves open, you get bangs and crackles, rev matching on downshifts. 

The only downside is the fuel, commuting through town gets me about 24mpg... long motorway run gets around 33.