Kas

2003 e46 325ci starting issues

Hi all im after a bit of assistance im new the forum and iv looked around online for help and cant seem to resolve my problem, iv been having starting problem with my car for the past month or so.

basically on cold start the car cranks but doesnt fire up and cant hear the fuel pump priming. After around 10-20 turns of the key it fires up. 

Also once the car has been parked up after a drive it cranks and starts but switches off immediately and im unable to accelerate to keep it alive. This happens for about 5-10mins then if im lucky it fires up and works ok. 

Now i have changed the relay behind the glove box (light green one) with an original relay from bmw and didnt solve the issue. I then tried the light blue relay in the engine bay with another one from my brothers car (330ci) and still didnt resolve the issue. 

I have now fitted a brand new fuel pump and the issue still exists

what can i do to resolve this issue?

please help as i need the car for work and have no other transport to get there?

When my E30 did this, it was the crank position sensor (as well as a massive hole punched through the head, but we'll ignore that!).

Might be worth looking into the cam and crank position sensors?