cbreddie

Yellow lights on dashboard

Hi, can anyone shed light on this problem?

The DSC light and handbrake light are both on, they are both yellow. The brakes seem to be working as does the ABS.

I havent done much searching yet, but does anyone have any ideas where I should start looking?

Many thanks in advance,

Eddie

Kind of what I thought to be honest, will have to get saving up to get it checked. Its running ok for now. Brakes work well, ABS does seem to work ok.

If I get it scanned and I get some codes, I will get back on here and see what you all think.

I may be selling her soon, getting a bit tired of the dashboard lighting up. :(

16 hours ago, cbreddie said:

Kind of what I thought to be honest, will have to get saving up to get it checked. Its running ok for now. Brakes work well, ABS does seem to work ok.

If I get it scanned and I get some codes, I will get back on here and see what you all think.

I may be selling her soon, getting a bit tired of the dashboard lighting up. :(

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Scanner-1-4-0-Diagnostic-Interface-Code-Reader-Scan-Tool-E46-3-SERIES-V-1-4-/122246506945?hash=item1c7675a9c1:g:46cAAOSw2xRYPQey

On 12/12/2016 at 18:48, Trevor said:

I had exactly this within a mile after buying the car. 

Two tyre pressures were low cos it had been stood for 4 months. 

Lights went out after I did pressures and never came back on. 

Its worth a check. 

My car doesnt have tyre pressure sensors. The pressures are spot on though.

Thanks for the reply

hello

you will need to get this code read, but it is most likely either the angle sensor or the front speed sensor... try to clear the angle sensor by this trick... start car and slowly turn the steering wheel, full lock, left and right a few times.. this sometimes clears the angle sensor code... otherwise its your front speed sensor, but you will need to get the diagnostic to tell you which one

Hi sorry, not been on for a while.

I was getting sick of the lights on, and after swerving to avoid a taxi (going for a head on) I drove up a grass embankment, hit a bump...... lights have gone off and more importantly..... stayed off. All good and happy now !!!

12 hours ago, cbreddie said:

Hi sorry, not been on for a while.

I was getting sick of the lights on, and after swerving to avoid a taxi (going for a head on) I drove up a grass embankment, hit a bump...... lights have gone off and more importantly..... stayed off. All good and happy now !!!

Not the most elegant solution to the problem, but if it works...! lol