Ole

E46 320d Cat 1 and 2

Hey, I have a facelift E46 320d. It's currently fitted with a eco-tune downpipe, the rest of the exhaust is stock. It's also been remapped to 190-ish HP and 400 NM. Will removing the centre cat be beneficial? The sound didn't change one tiny bit with the decat downpipe. Will removing the centre cat but still keeping the (only) silencer in the rear affect the sound? Didn't notice any changes performance wise with the DP decat either.

Hey, I have a facelift E46 320d. It's currently fitted with a eco-tune downpipe, the rest of the exhaust is stock. It's also been remapped to 190-ish HP and 400 NM. Will removing the centre cat be beneficial? The sound didn't change one tiny bit with the decat downpipe. Will removing the centre cat but still keeping the (only) silencer in the rear affect the sound? Didn't notice any changes performance wise with the DP decat either.

Nope. The centre cat barely makes a difference. You will need to remove the centre silencer and/or backbox to make any appreciable difference. To be fair, with a stock exhaust, I'm not sure removing the centre silencer (and leaving the backbox) will make that much difference - not done that, so maybe someone else can advise better on that particular point.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk