martauto

door handle lights

My lad has just bought a 120d 07  and really pissed me off when he showed me the door handle area light up at night .

I want this and now !!!

Is it possible ?  330 m sport 53 plate.

Cheers  Mart.

I did this on mine.

I know that some people have grafted the e90 door handle lights into the e46 lock blanks too, so combine the two, and you should get what you're after :)

I have it done on my coupe got some led units from a e90 and got to work with a dremel and bench grinder looks awesome, it's not a bad little retrofit just fiddly getting everything right. I'll post some pics of mine tomorrow

Cheers :)

Tempted to add them to my new one too once it's warmer. 

23 hours ago, TriggerFish said:

Cheers :)

Tempted to add them to my new one too once it's warmer. 

Ohh yes the warmth....This leaves a lot for july  then ??

Mart.

That one weekend in July you mean? ;)

My friends 130i has the door handle lights too they look awesome at night. I'm assuming you'll need bezels to stick them in and get some pre-wired LEDs. If you're good with electricals and wiring you could do it yourself. But I'd just personally buy the parts and ask someone I know or a professional to get it done, that way it won't give you any problems in the future. Definitely possible though, looks cool especially when you lock or unlock your car :)

18 hours ago, TriggerFish said:

That one weekend in July you mean? ;)

Two days if we are very fortunate:D

Mart.

59 minutes ago, GhulamAfzal11 said:

My friends 130i has the door handle lights too they look awesome at night. I'm assuming you'll need bezels to stick them in and get some pre-wired LEDs. If you're good with electricals and wiring you could do it yourself. But I'd just personally buy the parts and ask someone I know or a professional to get it done, that way it won't give you any problems in the future. Definitely possible though, looks cool especially when you lock or unlock your car :)

I would like to give it a try but need to do a bit more reading on Triggerfish`s write up.

Batley???  Morley lad speaking:D

Mart.

3 minutes ago, martauto said:

Two days if we are very fortunate:D

Mart.

I would like to give it a try but need to do a bit more reading on Triggerfish`s write up.

Batley???  Morley lad speaking:D

Mart.

Haha we're both local lads then eh? I'm going to be getting a 330ci soon so you might see another one flying about :)