WiNgNuTz

Parking Distance Control not working...

Having seen a thread on here, I checked my parking sensors when the vehicle was in reverse, I can hear the clicking noise from each of the 4 sensors (which leads me to believe the sensors are all working as they should be), but I get no audible warning in the cabin. I'm pretty new to BMW's in general, only had my 320d Touring for 3 weeks so far, so could anyone suggest where I should check next? I'm guessing there may be an issue with the sound side of it, as the user manual states "System malfunctions will be indicated by a continuous high-pitched tone when the system is activated the first time", and I have no feedback whatsoever to inform me whether the system is working or not.

So I swapped out the speaker unit (or "gong" as it was advertised), to no avail. Anyone got any other suggestions before I go searching for any dodgy wiring? Are any of the bits in the near side cubby hole in the boot related to the PDC?

Hi there, I have a similar problem ....although when I put it in reverse I get a couple of beeps then a solid beep. I have disconnected the speaker until I get round to sorting it out (better weather!). The clicking is no real indication that the sensors are OK.  I plugged the car into INPA and you can see all sensors individually working then one goes full on....so I know which one is faulty.