Andy G

330d M sport touring, Oxford Green

Here's my winter e46 330d, I bought this back in Oct last year as a means to reduce the mileage on my companies leased car (that I'd exceeded somewhat).

Anyhow a rash decision, bought on the spot without actually looking at it from an ad on autotrader. I liked the spec so placed deposit over the phone, collected the following day, dealership purchase though with no warranty etc and I was surprised. Paint was flat and had scratches all over it, had hand prints on certain areas and under the bonnet was filler dust, but not sure where that had come from. Bonus was, it had my initials on the original plate so it was obviously meant to be!

So home, full engine service, clean it best i could, ran well but body wise it was poor, the more I looked the worse it seemed to be, but it ran well, was a winter use car and that was it, but I decided to treat it some TLC this weekend using a decent polisher (first time) and it came up a treat, the green (oxford) is really nice and now it looks very presentable.

Over Christmas some scrote thought it was be good to smash the mirrors off (electric folding jobbies) so I replaced those, folding mech was still working so I bastardised a secondhand set so they work as they should now. Then it got scratched at work. So I took it that because the car looked quite rough people obviously thought they could do what they liked, but hopefully now its actually clean, they may have some respect (doubt it somehow).

So here it is, has faults, it's not perfect but the interior is really nice, everything works and it does go some. I'll replace the lower front wishbones and a tyre and that should be it, although I think I'd need to sell it on as it would have done its job, besides I have an e32 750i to sort out this year. But must admit it would be a hard car to let go.

large.58c581dbbea76_20170310_171915(Medilarge.58c581c08834a_20170310_172137(Medilarge.58c581be88470_20170310_172056(Medi

Edited by Andy G

Welcome and great colour :)

Do you know if it's had the usual diesel problems looked at ... Swirl Flaps !! Examine the EGR and see if it needs cleaning

Oh, and then think about a remap :)

God damn, I do love Oxford green! A friend has an E60 in that colour and it looks very smart. Shame about the abuse from the scrotes though, but good on you for keeping on it and fixing her up again.

Hi all, apologies for the late reply,

As its a 184 engine and a manual it has no flaps to remove so good on that, the EGR was replaced before I bought it but I think I do need to clean it in the next few weeks or so (next service maybe?)

But it now needs lower wishbones so thats next up really.