Sam87

Bmw x5 e53 intercooler?

Hello everyone

Just wanted to ask, does anyone know if the intercooler from an e53 x5 218 bhp diesel fits the e46 model?

I think I read somewhere that someone had fitted one in his e46 330d and I wanted to know if anyone has any experience or know someone that has fitted one and if it's better than the e46 oem one?

I've seen some pics and it looks the same shape as the e46 intercooler but slightly bigger.

If it's just plug and play I think it's worth doing as you can get one for so much less than a custom one

Any info/advise would be appreciated 

Edited by Sam87

I believe the outlet of the X5 cooler are larger than the e46 there fore not plug and play. However with some modification of pipework (suitable silicone joiners) I'm sure something could be done. You would then have the next job of mounting to cooler.

Is yours broken/leaking hence the search for a replacement or are you looking for an upgrade?

Thank you

I'm looking for an upgrade and I thought this might be a cheaper option rather then get a custom one for £500+ 

the car is running over 280bhp at the moment but I'd like to fit a custom exhaust and bigger intercooler, hopefully it should then take it to 300+bhp?

The mods so far are..

De cat

Egr delete

Hybrid turbo

Custom remap 

Edited by Sam87

You can put a aftermarket front mount intercooler kit together on eBay for approximately £150, this will certainly be suitable for a power goal of CIRCA 300bhp.

If you are looking for a new tune to suit the modifications then drop me a pm.

Oh that's great! I didn't know I could get a custom one for as little as that.

Sorry to ask again but do you have a link for the intercooler kit?

I will definitely speak to you! Thanks again 

In fact, a thought has just come to me, A mate is selling his full Airtec front mount intercooler kit from his 330d. This would be the best bolt on solution for you, fire me a pm and ill send you details.