Sign in to follow this  
jaminpetre

brake pad warning light on dashboard

recently the brake pad warning light on the dashboard showed itself for the first time. thing is the discs and pads were changed not all that long ago, 6 months tops. there was an issue in December when one of the handbrake retaining pins sheared off and was clunking around in the caliper for a journey but that was fixed. the car has had issues with its handbrake before I bought it. it was purchased off my mum and dad  and dear old mum is one of those that likes to stretch the cable to it maximum just to make sure the car doesn't move. could issues with the handbrake cause the pad warning light to illuminate?

cheers

Jamin

Handbrake won't affect pad warning. The pad warning sensor is on one of the front pads, and one of the rear pads.

Check the pads and sensors.

On 12/03/2017 at 23:19, jaminpetre said:

recently the brake pad warning light on the dashboard showed itself for the first time. thing is the discs and pads were changed not all that long ago, 6 months tops. there was an issue in December when one of the handbrake retaining pins sheared off and was clunking around in the caliper for a journey but that was fixed. the car has had issues with its handbrake before I bought it. it was purchased off my mum and dad  and dear old mum is one of those that likes to stretch the cable to it maximum just to make sure the car doesn't move. could issues with the handbrake cause the pad warning light to illuminate?

cheers

Jaminfront nearside and rear offside are where the sensors are located.ive got one out,pretty sure its rear one as front was done not long ago.

rear offside and front nearside is where sensors are located,i have my light on,will be rear one as my front was done not long ago..about £12 for new one..