dazzler46

bmw e46 318ise airbag light wont go off

hi

I have a bmw e46 318ise 1999 and the airbag light will not go off. 

It seemed to come on after i moved my drivers seat upwards and i cant seem to get rid of the light now.

I have searched everywhere for a solution i have twiddled all wires under both seats have also purchased a bypass adapter

and still no luck. i have also purchased a diagnostic tool (ac808) it throws up code 10 and error code 11 which is rear left, firing circuit rear tensioner

can anyone help or advise on my next best option.

thanks daz

The bypass adaptor is surely only for the passenger seat occupation sensor? The error code suggest that the pre-tensioner or its wiring is at fault. The wiring often cracks where it goes into the device, Check they are simply not unplugged first though.

i had same problem a few years back. 

i had lots of different advice given to me, saying it could actually. e a different problem to the airbag.

turns out it was the sensor in the passenger seat at fault.

i couldn't get any garage to look at it, even BMW refused.

ended up fitting one of these bypass plugs under the passenger seat and that solved the warning light issue which then passed an MOT 

i had same problem a few years back. 

i had lots of different advice given to me, saying it could actually. e a different problem to the airbag.

turns out it was the sensor in the passenger seat at fault.

i couldn't get any garage to look at it, even BMW refused.

ended up fitting one of these bypass plugs under the passenger seat and that solved the warning light issue which then passed an MOT 

drive it for a couple of days without anyone using front passenger seat.see if it goes out.