Aspire_Dan

Velvet Blue - E46 330CI Clubsport

Hi all, welcome to a little thread on my E46 330CI Clubsport! 

I picked her up at the start of this month after owning a MK5 Golf (2.0 FSI) for just under 2 years (pic below). 

2a28b931_l.jpeg

I've always loved the E46's and from September last year, it really dawned on me that I needed one in my life. Long story short, I ended up with a Clubsport! I know the rear wing is a little controversial, and I wasn't a fan of it until I saw it in person. Once I did, I knew I only wanted a Clubsport! 

The one I picked up has a nice few bits, including M3 Brakes, CSL Reps, Carbon Grilles and Badges and Plated Pedals. 

Anyways, enough of my rambling. 

ac3c77a6_l.jpeg

d2a3a46b_l.jpeg

ae4ec6b3_l.jpeg

f97472df_l.jpeg

Edited by Aspire_Dan

20 hours ago, Daz 330 Cs said:

The best colour :wub:. I owned mine for 8 years. Hardly missed a beat. 

Definitely love the colour. I would have been happy with this or the Estoril Blue. What made you get rid of yours? 

18 hours ago, Mk2majik said:

Lovely car mate,would personally prefer silver wheels with that paint,any future plans?

Thanks mate. I actually completely agree with you in that the silver wheels would've looked better, but I think the gloss black has grown on me. I'll give it a few weeks and see how I'm feeling. I think the dark (carbon) grille and splitter helps with the dark wheels. 

So just done the boring Service / Inspection. One of the brake lines was rusting so got that sorted. There's a long list of future plans - but I think i'll start with the small stuff - LED lights, silver front indicator bulbs, audio upgrade, replace faded carbon badges and removal of the mud flaps. Any suggestions? 

17 hours ago, gaz-777 said:

Looks very nice, I like the exhaust tips 👍🏻

Cheers Gaz. I've been through your Thread a good few times (even before buying my 330CI lol), love your car! The alloys really set it off.  

Edited by Aspire_Dan

On 31/03/2017 at 15:39, Daz 330 Cs said:

I'd moved a bit further away from work so a diesel was necessary really. Enter the E93 330d :D 

Ahh the necessary evil of the diesel! Doesn't look like a "typical" diesel though!

Any other comments / feedback / suggestions? 

Quick update (with pics to follow) 

- Mudflaps removed, love how she looks without them!

- Silver indicator bulbs fitted 

- LED's the interior lights 

- Sub & amp installed 

- Tried installing my double din but soon learnt the joys of the double din install! Has anyone done the workaround with the "Heater Control Box"? 

Look forward to seeing the pics, you mention you have M3 brakes but doesn't look like it in the pictures ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd be glad it didn't. The discs cost a fortune and they aren't that much better than the standard ones! (And I've got an M3 with the standard brakes so it's not a biased opinion!) Looks like a nice car OP. Shame it doesn't have the standard splits IMO.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Looks nice that.

I have to say I like the black wheels and carbon splitters, but I am a bit bias :-)  Exhaust tips look good too. What's the interior like? Lots of options?

On 4/20/2017 at 21:41, avalaugh said:

Look forward to seeing the pics, you mention you have M3 brakes but doesn't look like it in the pictures ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still waiting for a magical folder of all previous work done by the last owner - he's meant to get it when he goes back to Ireland. Will give him a chase now... 

On 4/22/2017 at 13:11, bennno2005 said:

I'd be glad it didn't. The discs cost a fortune and they aren't that much better than the standard ones! (And I've got an M3 with the standard brakes so it's not a biased opinion!) Looks like a nice car OP. Shame it doesn't have the standard splits IMO.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Thanks mate, liking the unbiased opinion. If it's not the M3 ones, sounds like it'll save me a little money. Either way, they're a damn sight better than what was on my Golf!

On 4/22/2017 at 14:39, Daz 330 Cs said:

The 'work around' you mention involves hacking away part of the heater box. 

See here 

Thanks for this Daz - I've been googling around a lot recently because I don't want to "waste" (well, have to sell) my old head unit. I'm going to go through that above thread in detail now. Don't have faith in myself doing that mod though, so will probably ask around for some help! 

On 4/26/2017 at 12:45, Ruesta said:

Looks nice that.

I have to say I like the black wheels and carbon splitters, but I am a bit bias :-)  Exhaust tips look good too. What's the interior like? Lots of options?

Hahah definitely biased! I actually am not a massive fan of the interior - I'll try get you some pics tomorrow. The "carbon" trim is red and I keep meaning to re-wrap it a normal carbon colour. I've bought a Purple car with a spoiler at the back.. I don't need a red interior for more attention lol 

Also guys thanks for the responses - apologies for my late response! Not had much time recently but will get some more pics up soon!

4 hours ago, Daz 330 Cs said:

Yes the job looks quite daunting doesn't it. Make sure you take your time if you decide to go down that route. 

Ha looks scary as hell! I think I'll have to request some help in the sub-forum as neither of those guys from that thread seem to be active anymore :( 

3 hours ago, Hawk said:

Very nice carand it's a cracking colour too. I went from a Mk5 Golf GTI to an e46 Clubsport too and I'm glad I did. 

Thanks Hawk! Seems the MK5 to E46 is a relatively common upgrade! 

Couple more pics: 

28t9jpt.jpg 

6ibatu.jpg

And the interior (can't believe I'm showing this...)! 

14bul9f.jpg

38 minutes ago, mjn said:

My eyes, they burn!!!

Get rid of the red!!!

Haha that's why I said I can't believe I'm posting a pic of it. It's easily my least favourite thing on the car. I've ordered a normal-coloured wrap. Just need to find the time to pop the panels out and wrap them. 

Order some spare clips, as they're likely to be brittle and some will properly snap when you remove the trim.

On 03/05/2017 at 22:31, mjn said:

Order some spare clips, as they're likely to be brittle and some will properly snap when you remove the trim.

That's a good idea, thanks!

22 hours ago, DaveNE said:

AHHHHHH MY EYES.......  Please tell me I didn't see this and it was a bad dream ?

Trust me, I very nearly didn't buy the car because of it.. 

16 hours ago, Daz 330 Cs said:

Wow, who the hell did that ? :ph34r:

I wish I knew.... I just want it gone haha

16 hours ago, Benji83 said:

Is that red carbon cube?!! [emoji23] I can't believe they did the heater controls and the steering wheel insert. Fortunately the velvet blue is absolutely stunning

It is! I know I know. The speedo-surround is also red... Thank you, the exterior colour is my saving grace, although still needs a proper iron x and clay as I've not had the time yet to give it a full detail & machine polish. 

Quick and simple mod today - replaced the very faded bonnet badge with a shiny new one. Took about 2 minutes to do, thanks to my trusty popper tools. This was pretty high up on the list to do, notably as even my Mum has said "that badge at the front is really yellow, why haven't you changed it yet?"  

317721w.jpg