Aspire_Dan

Velvet Blue - E46 330CI Clubsport

Thanks for the link Daz. Heading away for work for a couple weeks but this is priority when I get back. And upgrading my headlight bulbs. Oh, and my steering wheel refurb (already booked in with Jack at Royal Steering Wheels)

SO. Big update. Still got to do the finishing touches buuuuuuuuut... BLACK INTERIOR PANELS WOO!

Oh and did some classic "part away from everyone" today. This was the car end of the car park and literally the furthest away from the shop I actually needed to go to.

c9acc5af2e74d62f095aa1d5c240b19b.jpgff3c1b02b593aaa9305547019a702faa.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

RIght, been out in Seattle on a work training course for the past couple weeks but got back over the weekend. Jet lag has ruined me BUT I had the day off today, which was used to go see Jack @ Royal Steering Wheel. I went for the alcantara with the M colour stitching. It's a thing of beauty. Pics to follow. 

We'll be getting rid of the final horrible red trim from my car - the steering wheel panels. I'm thinking alcantara bottom half and normal / stock black top half. Any thoughts / ideas? 

Next up is sorting out my door seals and upgrading my headlight bulbs! 

2 hours ago, Aspire_Dan said:

RIght, been out in Seattle on a work training course for the past couple weeks but got back over the weekend. Jet lag has ruined me BUT I had the day off today, which was used to go see Jack @ Royal Steering Wheel. I went for the alcantara with the M colour stitching. It's a thing of beauty. Pics to follow. 

We'll be getting rid of the final horrible red trim from my car - the steering wheel panels. I'm thinking alcantara bottom half and normal / stock black top half. Any thoughts / ideas? 

Next up is sorting out my door seals and upgrading my headlight bulbs! 

I don't know about the alcantara steering wheel trim, I've seen a few and it kind of sticks out which means it's not flush with the top half of the trim. All black plastic looks cleanest IMO

I don't know about the alcantara steering wheel trim, I've seen a few and it kind of sticks out which means it's not flush with the top half of the trim. All black plastic looks cleanest IMO

Thanks for this heads up. I was extra careful when checking how flush it fitted and I'm very happy with the result..

417cf6a07b539dd192354773be0b408c.jpg

Realised it's been a little while I posted an update! 

Been loving life with the alcantara wheel. Makes SO much difference. Highly recommend. 

Recently passed her MOT which was nice - only advisory was for some corroded rear springs, which I was aware of. Gonna order some repalcement AC Schnitzers and have them ready, most likely to replace in March '18 or Summer '18, depending on how bad they get. Got a small service and dropped my K&N Air Filter in. Feeeeeel the horsepower gainzzzz. Brakes and tyres all have plenty of life left, which is nice! Been debating a brake pad upgrade when these ones go.. any suggestions? 

Also bought some Osram Cool Blue Intenses - should be fitting them tomorrow 

And that's about it I think? Just general maintenance. Need to get my sagging door seals sorted and my driver's seat bolster touched up but really just been trying to enjoy the car. 

Any suggestions on what next? 

liking the blue of the car,, i want to get my wheel restitched in m colours.. have you put the m colours on your grill.. not sure about the red dial rings,,
i need my passenger seat stitching redone if anyone knows anywhere that does that

Thanks Stubb. Definitely suggest Jack and Royal Steering Wheels for your wheel. Let me know if you need his details.

Not put the M Colours in my grill. Debating it because I think it's very hit and miss.

Scroll back and you'll see how much of the interior was red lol red dials are the last remnant of that.

Not sure on the passenger seat stitching I'm afraid.

In other news, spent the weekend in South Wales for a little end of summer roadtrip. Pretty amazing out there! Pics to follow later...

i see what you mean about the red.. i think i can wait on the steering wheel info, starting to feel the guy i bought this from must have been lying when he said he knew nothing about any oil leaks ,, looks like my first job is a new rocker cover gasket and pulley tensioners before i can start fun stuff

On 31/03/2017 at 14:58, Aspire_Dan said:

Definitely love the colour. I would have been happy with this or the Estoril Blue. What made you get rid of yours? 

Thanks mate. I actually completely agree with you in that the silver wheels would've looked better, but I think the gloss black has grown on me. I'll give it a few weeks and see how I'm feeling. I think the dark (carbon) grille and splitter helps with the dark wheels. 

So just done the boring Service / Inspection. One of the brake lines was rusting so got that sorted. There's a long list of future plans - but I think i'll start with the small stuff - LED lights, silver front indicator bulbs, audio upgrade, replace faded carbon badges and removal of the mud flaps. Any suggestions? 

Cheers Gaz. I've been through your Thread a good few times (even before buying my 330CI lol), love your car! The alloys really set it off.  

dark gun metal or anthracite wheels would look good with that blue.

Well, time to resurrect this thread!

Been a fairly quiet winter in terms of modifications or changes. The Dealer Beemer has been running without any real issues which is nice.

Few things on my to do list coming up:

• (Boring stuff like Tax & Insurance due next month)
  • Change of springs - they're corroded so needed changing and want them done before summer. Currently got AC Schnitzer's on but heading down the Eibach Sportline route after much deliberation!
  • Tyres are wearing thin and again, want them replaced for summer. Looking at some Yokohama's (details to follow) e
  • Hamman Fogs - love how these look so definitely want a set
  • (Still need to) refurb / treat Driver's seat bolster
  • Replace Carbon Splitters as I f*cked them up last year, but the front needs a respray anyways due to all the stone chips

Any other suggestions?

On 26/02/2018 at 09:13, Hawk said:

Good to see you’re still putting this car right bud, the interior trims made a huge difference alone. 

Thanks Hawk. Funnily enough I saw a pic of the original red interior and it was pretty alarming. So glad it's been restored to how it should be!

• Tax & Insurance sorted (the Bank balance hurts)
  • Tyres bought and booked in (again, hurt the bank balance)
  • Eibach springs purchased and fitted (yup, RIP the Bank balance) - need to post pics but I love how looks. I reckon these springs are perfect. I loved the AC's i had on before but it was a touch too low at the back but needed to be a bit lower at the front. The Eibachs have given me exactly what I want. Very happy!
  • Puddle lights fitted
  • Door speakers upgraded (got my Rockford Fosgates finally fitted, after they sat in my room for nearly a year...)
  • STILL need to fix my falling door trims. Need to do it this week as we've got family from abroad coming over - can't have them seeing that lol

On 04/09/2017 at 21:58, Aspire_Dan said:

Thanks for this heads up. I was extra careful when checking how flush it fitted and I'm very happy with the result..

417cf6a07b539dd192354773be0b408c.jpg

That looks great - jack does a super job, its one of my favourite upgrades in my interior, makes such a difference to the drive

On 06/03/2018 at 11:26, Aspire_Dan said:

Thanks Hawk. Funnily enough I saw a pic of the original red interior and it was pretty alarming. So glad it's been restored to how it should be!

• Tax & Insurance sorted (the Bank balance hurts)
  • Tyres bought and booked in (again, hurt the bank balance)
  • Eibach springs purchased and fitted (yup, RIP the Bank balance) - need to post pics but I love how looks. I reckon these springs are perfect. I loved the AC's i had on before but it was a touch too low at the back but needed to be a bit lower at the front. The Eibachs have given me exactly what I want. Very happy!
  • Puddle lights fitted
  • Door speakers upgraded (got my Rockford Fosgates finally fitted, after they sat in my room for nearly a year...)
  • STILL need to fix my falling door trims. Need to do it this week as we've got family from abroad coming over - can't have them seeing that lol

I have sportlines on mine, they do make it sit well. Perfect nose down stance.

On 12/03/2018 at 16:58, Ruesta said:

That looks great - jack does a super job, its one of my favourite upgrades in my interior, makes such a difference to the drive

Couldn't agree more. Among people who've seen my car, it's one of their favourite upgrades / mods. It is a bit of a pain to keep clean though but definitely worth it!

On 12/03/2018 at 16:59, Ruesta said:

I have sportlines on mine, they do make it sit well. Perfect nose down stance.

Yes! I couldn't recommend them enough. I know I'm being useless with pics, I will get some up soon!

Also @Daz 330 Cs - I'VE FINALLY FIXED MY SAGGING DOOR TRIMS WOOO!

8 hours ago, Aspire_Dan said:

Couldn't agree more. Among people who've seen my car, it's one of their favourite upgrades / mods. It is a bit of a pain to keep clean though but definitely worth it!

Yes! I couldn't recommend them enough. I know I'm being useless with pics, I will get some up soon!

Also @Daz 330 Cs - I'VE FINALLY FIXED MY SAGGING DOOR TRIMS WOOO!

Good stuff Dan, if you’ve done it properly it’ll never move again. :thumbup:

Okay so I need to get proper pics, but here's two pics from a clean last week Thursday. Was out and about lots last weekend and needed the dirt/salt off. Usual two bucket method, quick blast of detailing spray while drying but then finished with a layer of AG Extra Gloss Protection. Obviously normally uses to protect Polish but I thought I'd try it and it came out great! Gave an extra little shine and protection against the following rain.

Hopefully these kinda show the lowering? Much more even than before. I willlll get proper side shots soon!

And two random pics from the snow. Because why not? b8aff5b1267b819dc187a71642edde57.jpgc91692e405fe7c673fd37729325efb65.jpgdebe14dd17fdc72b96e8de01766f3acb.jpg7af11e6f058a164b67f1b6ce6b0ba6ef.jpg