alan53

shocks and springs replacement

My car a 330ci needs new shocks and springs alround it and i was wondering what to get as i would like to keep it stock,so no coilovers.should i just get the bmw stuff or are there better choices?

There's plenty of better choices! But you said you want it stock so... The only choices you have are which reseller to buy it from!

I'd upgrade from the stock BMW shocks/springs and buy something a little better. Maybe a Bilstein kit? Or H&R kit?

They're around the same price.

10 hours ago, momo said:

There's plenty of better choices! But you said you want it stock so... The only choices you have are which reseller to buy it from!

The main reason for keeping it stock is insurance hassle and i dont really know how to decide what to get,MJN mentioned bilstein and HR,i have heard of bilstein so i suppose i will look at their kits.

Thanks guys

No worries

10 hours ago, alan53 said:

The main reason for keeping it stock is insurance hassle and i dont really know how to decide what to get,MJN mentioned bilstein and HR,i have heard of bilstein so i suppose i will look at their kits.

Thanks guys

What i've done is keep standard sport shocks, and gone for Eibach Pro springs (full set of Eibach springs is the same price as 2 rear OEM springs).

The pro kit are black springs, barely lower the car at all on petrol models so not noticeable. The numerous times I took my car to BMW they didn't even notice - they just kept stating it's sitting a little low at the front.

As above, the pro-kit springs from Eibach are a good option, they work well with the stock shocks as well. 

I've got BIlsteins and eibach pro kit combo on my touring

No complaints at all