limo bob

bmw e46

3 posts in this topic

limo bob   

hi can anyone help i have a 2003 bmw e46 330ci convertible rear parking sensors are not working i have replaced sensors and pdc module and still  nothing 

Internally, BMW associates an "e-code" for each generation of a series ("E" stands for Entwicklung, German for development or evolution). These "chassis codes" only change to signify a major redesign of a series, or the introduction of a new series. BMW AG reported in September 2006 that BMW would switch to the letter "F" for their future models, beginning with the F01 7 Series replacement. 
The E46 was introduced in 1998, and continued until 2006. It included all 3-series cars, not just the M3. Prior to the E46 was the E36 and before that the E30. After E46 was E90 (sedan), 91 (wagon), 92 (coupe), and 93 (convertible). In 2012 the 3 series will be coded F30 (sedan), 31 (wagon), 32 (coupe), 33 (convertible). 
All BMWs have a series code; the 5, 6, 7, 8, etc. all have different numbers of chassis codes through the years. A 2002 325i is an E46, but a 2002 540i is different (E39).