Benji83

Benji's 325Ci progress thread

1 hour ago, Ruesta said:

Still looking great, much prefer the new OEM front lights. Great pics too looks like the Balcombe road??

:lol: That's impressive! I think it was Haywards Heath Road or Balcombe like you say, are you from nearby? We were out looking to take a picture with the viaduct in the background but couldn't. And yes, the aftermarket headlights were a poor choice.

Just now, Benji83 said:

:lol: That's impressive! I think it was Haywards Heath Road or Balcombe like you say, are you from nearby? We were out looking to take a picture with the viaduct in the background but couldn't. And yes, the aftermarket headlights were a poor choice.

Yeah I'm fairly local and love a good hack down that road through Balcombe towards Crawley, shame its got so bumpy!

Little update. After getting used to it, the clutch seems to be a bit harder to get a nice bite on until it's warm, but other than that I can't complain. The pedal doesn't squeak now either which is a plus.

Since I had a few days off I decided to crack on with all the bits I had ordered for the remaining maintenance. Including replacing the leaking thermostat along with the rad and expansion tank too, which I should have done when I did the water pump really. The drop links also needed doing as one was split and the pads were all around 3mm so replaced them with Brembos and bled the brakes... for good reason. Because I like to do lots of things at once, while the wheels were off I cleaned them back and front and coated them with some Poorboys wheel sealant, we'll see how it lasts.

20180912_115452_zps8gisozx1.jpg

20180915_170646_zpsud6mgild.jpg

I'm not jealous,  I'm not jealous, I'm not jealous... 

Sorry, just trying to convince myself!

Well done,  it looks nice. I'm looking forward to seeing its own thread.

Kirkynut