LJColeman

Estoril blue Saloon.

Replacing the front grille really smartens the front end, I did mine last year too. 

I agree the old one just looked messy and neglected. The front end could do with some paint but I'm not too fussed as it's only a daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crickey, what a steal and now it's in safe hands too! Ready to complete 200k miles + eh?

Kirkynut 

Indeed hoping to get it to the 200k mark and will probably then sell it & still make money!

Anyone know what the best fitment & tyre size is on a Saloon... 

I know what works well on a Coupe, but not sure if saloon arches are different?

So,

Just ordered a set of coilovers for this along with 15mm spacers all round, Should look a little better!

1 hour ago, avalaugh said:

What spacers did you go with ?

I just went with a Kit from ebay, I think M-tec or something like that, Ive gone for 15mm front and rear :)

11 hours ago, avalaugh said:

430f0131403b702ed6922e9751d0ef4a.jpg

Just a word of warning, be careful when buying cheap ones.

Thanks, 

I used the same spacers on my Last E46 & i did 4000 miles through the south of France and had no issues.

Im sure something like that is down to a manufacturing defect or incorrect centrebore size allowing more pressure on the centre spigot.

as ive had these spacers on so many different cars with no issues, But i will have the wheels off to check regularly anyway. Its only 

temperary until i can afford some decent wheels 

Got the coilovers fitted today along with 15mm spacers all round.

Also did an oil change & using 5w/40 to try and stop burning some oil

Also removed the clutch delay valve & done a brake fluid change.

6d48c157ca8c71f90e7f40f404a8ef53.jpg6b8b00047f2ca5d2c0ca14ae37237065.jpg700818c21e779fbe2406482b69f4354a.jpg757ea4f034dbf94fbcaecb4331617de6.jpg865e400b0e3261f8cb6593a6b6b9f824.jpg

Loving the Estoril...  B)
Seems to me that you are really getting a slightly tired E46 beautifully resurrected.  Well done and keep up the good work!

What's the deal with deleting the clutch delay valve?  I've heard of this operation before, but I must confess that I don't really know what is achieved with it.
I hope you don't mind educating me a little...?  :huh:

Ordered a new Android head unit today along with relocation panel & DAB+ kit :) 

Gone for a system with a quad core processor, 25gb internal storage with 2gb of ram, running android 6.0

Hopefully should work nicely :)

On 04/07/2017 at 19:45, 02Anders said:

Loving the Estoril...  B)
Seems to me that you are really getting a slightly tired E46 beautifully resurrected.  Well done and keep up the good work!

What's the deal with deleting the clutch delay valve?  I've heard of this operation before, but I must confess that I don't really know what is achieved with it.
I hope you don't mind educating me a little...?  :huh:

Thank you,

Yes its a little tired but only cost me £500 so just trying to tidy as much up as i can without spending lots of money.

The clutch delay valve causes a real judder when trying to pull away since ive removed it gearchanges and pulling away are much smoother!

On 7/7/2017 at 11:39, LJColeman said:

The clutch delay valve causes a real judder when trying to pull away since ive removed it gearchanges and pulling away are much smoother!

Back from the days when I was heavily into trackways with my E36, I seem to vaguely recall people doing this to get a more direct and positive response from the clutch...

Installed my Android unit last night running 6.0. Really impressed with it so far and how it runs but need to do some customising and installing some better apps!

anyone have any suggestions?