Foxsake

Car has been sitting for a bit - advice

As title says.

My 2001 325ci has been sitting in the garden since January.. reason being, i noticed the waterpump is on its way out..

I have use of another car and i dont use my bicycle :) however i am goin to get it back out on the road this week or next..

Is there anything i should be aware of when making the first drive? I was charging the battery but i think its no good now as it doesnt hold its charge anymore.. also

Will brakes be ok after 4months non use

Will roof open ok after same amount of time

Any other issues? Tyres possibly?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

38 minutes ago, Foxsake said:

As title says.

My 2001 325ci has been sitting in the garden since January.. reason being, i noticed the waterpump is on its way out..

I have use of another car and i dont use my bicycle :) however i am goin to get it back out on the road this week or next..

Is there anything i should be aware of when making the first drive? I was charging the battery but i think its no good now as it doesnt hold its charge anymore.. also

Will brakes be ok after 4months non use

Will roof open ok after same amount of time

Any other issues? Tyres possibly?

Thanks

I just put mine back on the road after 5 months sitting. I checked the tyre pressures and let it sit idling to let the oil circulate before driving and took it out. Used to do the same every year with my Motorbikes and never had an issue.

Thanks.. what about the battery? I can charge it and the car will start fine, then a couple of hours later its dead.. but the little indicator at the top of the battery is fine

Yeah, sounds like either the alternators not charging the battery or you have a dead cell. Go to a garage and get them to test the battery. If that passes, then ask them to test with a multimeter if the battery is at 14v when the car's running.